Don't get me wrong, wingedominance - I'm extremely happy we have Jarnkrok in the pipeline. That observation was in no way a shot at him. Scott gets it!
As for how he stacks up against Mantha - I'll take Jarnkrok seven days of the week. He's Zetterberg/Datsyuk 2.0. Not sure it's really fair to compare them, though, as they're very, very different players. (And that's a good thing!)
Man. Our pool has never been this deep.It's almost silly.
- I think this will make the team as balanced as possible.
- Bert, as long as he is healthy, is better than Abby on the top line with Pavs and Hank. Bert is a bigger body, and is able to create more space for the Eurotwins. Also, Bert is a very good passer, and can contribute with goals. I think that this can be a very good 1st line if Babs keeps them together given we still have a really good 2nd line.
- I really am looking forward to seeing this 2nd line play. It has all the potential to be one of the top 2nd lines in the league, and Alfie is going to be super hungry. I see big things from this line.
- In the playoffs, our 3rd line was fantastic and at times was our best line. We are going to essentially replace Brunner with Tatar, which is not a bad thing considering what we know and have seen from Tatar. Anderson developed himself into a solid 3rd line center last year, and Nyquist and Tatar will add a nice element of speed and skill. This will be a fun line to watch and could become one of the better 3rd lines in the league.
- Our 4th line will see a HUGE upgrade this season assuming Helm is back and fully healthy. Add Abby who has some grit and knowledge of the game, and Miller/ Eaves, and you have a solid 4th line capable of doing their job well.
- Kronners and Ericsson were great last year, no reason to change that. I would like to see Kronners shoot the puck more this season tho.
- Danny D was fantastic when he played for us, and Smith could really benefit from having that solid defense presence playing with him... I would like to give this a try.
- Kindl had a a developing year last season with his offense, but still needs to work on his defense. Quincy really settled down after the 10 game mark last year and played a solid season. I think this is a capable 3rd pairing.
Overall, I think this is our best group of forwards since 2009 when we were STACKED and I am super excited to watch this season. Come on Oct. 2nd!!