1. Trade Samuelsson to NYI for a 7th round pick. (With $22 Million in Cap Space, a once 30 goal scorer with one year left at $3 million isn't the worst gamble)
2. Trade Kyle Quincey, Brendan Smith, Teemo Pulkinen and a 1st round pick for Keith Yandle. (I can hear the groans already, but hear me out - Kyle Quincey is useless and makes $3.7 million, Brendan Smith is certainly going to make ATLEAST $1.5 Mllion next season, which already covers Yandle's cap hit. Teemu Pulkinen is another undersized winger, which we now have an abundance of as an Eastern conference team. The first round pick is going to be 25+ and we have a solid group of prospects already. So the real trade comes down to Brendan Smith vs Keith Yandle... We know who the better player is, and Yandle is only 2.5 years older with a reasonable cap hit. I have always felt our problem last season was offence from our defence, and now we solve that. Imagine what this group of forwards can do when they don't have to spend 25 seconds of each shift in there own zone.
3. Sign RFA'S
4. Sign Ron Hainsey as our 6th D Man.
5. Trade TooToo for whatever you can.
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson
Nyquist - Helm - Tatar
Miller - Andersson - Eaves
Yandle. - Dekeyser
Kronwall - Ericsson
Kindl - Hainsey
And There's your 23 man roster.
- MileHighWingsGuy likes this