I'm not sure what point you are trying to make though. Let's take those players as examples:
k... lemme try this from a different angle.
How would you classify these players?
Matt Cooke, Trevor Gillies, Jody Shelly, Eric Godard, Rick Rypien, Tom Kostopoulos
They are the worst offenders of the year.
- Cooke - suspended for hitting from behind
- Gillies - suspended for head shots, two separate times
- Shelley - suspended for hit from behind and for sucker punch
- Godard - suspended for leaving the bench to fight
- Rypien - suspended for altercation with fan
- Kostopoulos - suspended for head shot
I think the idea is that you'd try and get the teams to influence their players not to engage in this type of activity. I doubt you'd have many teams have issue with trying to ensure it's players don't: hit from behind, deliver head shots, sucker punch people or fight with fans. It's a tough sport and sometimes things happen so fast it is tough to avoid, but a lot of the times, it's the matter of making a good decision rather than sucker punching someone or purposely take a shot at someone's head, etc.
- haroldsnepsts likes this