- Kronners had an outstanding game, and I was very comfortable watching him log huge minutes tonight... this is huge for us knowing we can rely on him when Nick if Nick is hurt for a game
- Smith continues to amaze me more and more... everything he does tells me he deserves to be on this team over Kindl and Ericsson... continue to the great play
- Franzen is so freakin lazy... I was ticked off then, and still am now, that we let Hossa walk to keep lazyboy Franzen
- I thought Fil and Hank tried tonight, but as the game progressed they seemed to look tired
- Helm, Miller, Abs were fantastic
Lastly, I just want to say kudos to the 2 referees tonight, Dan O Halloran and Don Manhaviston (however you say it) who did a wonderful job officiating this game. They let both teams get away with a lot, and called what needed to be called and, more than anything, were CONSISTENT with their calls. Hope to have more officials like this.
Hopefully Nick is back tuesday, go wings!
Pretty much all of this. Good to see there wasn't a powerplay every 3 minutes. These games lately have had too little 5-on-5 play and its frustrating and boring to watch (especially given the Wings' special teams woes). Also, Hank and Filppula were the only forwards going outside of the third line. I get exhausted for them seeing how they have to drag Hudler and/or Franzen around all the time. And a tremendous game by Smith.
As I said, its a pretty good indicator when you are short-handed on defense and have an emergency goaltender switch and neither of those are the problem against a poor defensive team. Most of the forward unit are dogging and watching the play, save for a few in Zetterberg, Filppula, Helm, Abdelkader, and Miller.
- GoWings1905 and like this