Learning the pro game and coming off an injury that killed his pre-season. The chances of his coming in an lighting the league up were slim before the injury. If year 2 comes and hes still going at 1 pt in 5 games you can be worried.
Smith and Abby are becoming leaders... showing grit.
Yes Abs is showing better offensive instincts but time will tell if this is just the stretch of games where he scores a third of his season total goals or if he really can sustain a solid offensive pace all season. I still question whether he has it in him but hopefully he does.
I am 100% surprised by Smiths improvement in the defensive game. If he can just somehow start getting some points all that early career hype might be true. As a whole the wings really need to start getting more offensive support from the backline.
Hey everyone! I'm a long time lurker coming out of the shadows. Strangely enough my first post is to ask if someone can explain what exactly Luke Glendening does to agitate so well? Does he seem to chirp a lot or is it because he's like white on rice against other teams stars? Usually I would just watch the guy but my crazy schedule this year so far has me listening to most of the games on radio and then catching the highlights. Oh yeah and following the GDT helps a lot too. Thanks I've been wondering about this.
Hes Maltby minus the 50 goal junior year offensive game. Always on you during the game with added chirping. Then when you want to bash his face in he frustrates you more by refusing to drop the gloves.
Just watched a recording of the game. My thoughts:
1. Howard was real good again especially the first half of the game. Him and Hank have been the best Wings this month.
2. The recognition of the Wings PK on the stretch pass from the goalie was pretty poor. Washington just missed on it before there first goal and then used it to score 30 seconds later. Then almost had the same thing happen on Dats penalty.
3. Tatar and Jurco have been the biggest disappointments this month. Both seem to be in the sophomore slump. When Franzen comes back the best move might be to send Jurco down. Hes invisible every shift it seems.
4. Smith again showing strong.
5. That phantom goalie interference might be one of the worst calls I've ever seen.
6. Watching Glendening make Ovie throw a tantrum at the end of the game was great.
7. The PP needs to get fixed. An extra goal every night or two from the PP will be the difference from top 3 and top 6 in conference.
8. Entertaining game of hockey.
Speaking of when Franzen comes back, if you ask me, I think we all can agree that Cleary is the one that should be waived instead of Nesty or Jurco being sent down...Now in that scenario I would welcome Franzen back with open arms!
Well Jurco hasnt been that much more effective than Cleary lol