• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingFanInStarLand

Lets Credit our Management Team

Rate this topic

I've only been here since the fallout of the 2004 loss to Calgary. Since then I've seen people say that the Wings' had no goaltending, weren't tough enough, were too small, old and slow to ever win again. I've seen people rip Ken Holland as an overrated GM and others claiming that he was just ok.

I've seen the following people scape goated: Dandenault, Whitney, Legace, Joseph, Fischer, Devereaux,Datsyuk (LOL), Williams, Lang, Lilja and Samuelsson et al.

It's been quite a while...but for those of you who were wondering if Holland (with obvious help from Nill, Hakan, Jimmy, Stevie and Babs) could build a winner, here is your answer. This team is based on the solid drafting of smart, skilled players..

And let's not forget, when the chips were down at the trade deadline and everyone wanted Hossa (myself included), Holland took the prudent course and acquired the final part of our blueline puzzle, the grizzled Stuart. (and we didn't even give up a first rounder for him!)

This is not an "I told you so thread" where we point fingers at doubters, as both sides had valid points over the past several years. This is the place to show your appreciation for management and to finally remove any doubt (if there was any remaining) that Ken Holland is not a good GM, but he's a great one!