• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Osgood/Conklin same as last years Hasek/Osgood

Rate this topic

It's not worth arguing since I am completely outnumbered here now... but Dom would have been better off seeing more shots, if history is a teacher.

The D was bad in front of Hasek in more than one game, including several holiday game stinkers (Thanksgiving and New Years Day, to name a couple, where the entire team didn't show up with the exception of Hasek) and the Anaheim "freak show" penalty parade really stands out, with breakaways, 2-1s and worse. We won't even count the number of goals Hasek had against him off the netting and kicked in by his own players. Hasek only "lost" a handful of games, and he wasn't in it alone. That's all.

I am just saying that the focus last season was on Dom's horrific numbers, yet Ozzie's are no better this season. They both won games, despite poor numbers on the scoresheet.

If Ozzie doesn't get better (and I suspect he will), they win anyway so it's fine.

I hear ya. I know you love Dom and there's nothing wrong with that. I was just making the point that there has really been a stark difference in defensive play this season compared to last. It's not anything that can't be fixed and when it does happen, whichever goalie playing will surely enjoy the benefits as well.

Edited by GoWings1905