• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
lecatpuke

How to Avoid Anaheim

Rate this topic

Well, its either Columbus and their hot goaltending or Anaheim and their travel and goonery. Not particularly great choices, but if the Wings truely have that extra gear or two needed to win another cup, it shouldn't matter either way.

PLAYOFF TIME FOLKS!

Im not afraid of the Duckies, I just don't want 10:30 starts :(

I hear that, I'm hoping the ducks drop to 8th and play the sharks as that way both those teams would start at decent times for them. And the Wings would play at a decent time for road games. But either way we have to go out west at some point to repeat. So I guess it doesn't really matter when we go. I just hate it when the games go into overtime sessions and end at 3 or 4 in the morning. Then I have to call in to work sick the next day. This is the very reason why I wished we played in the east as all the games would start at a normal time. I would imagine it is the same for the west coast, our home games must start before people get home from work.

:beerbuddy:

I hear that, I'm hoping the ducks drop to 8th and play the sharks as that way both those teams would start at decent times for them. And the Wings would play at a decent time for road games. But either way we have to go out west at some point to repeat. So I guess it doesn't really matter when we go. I just hate it when the games go into overtime sessions and end at 3 or 4 in the morning. Then I have to call in to work sick the next day. This is the very reason why I wished we played in the east as all the games would start at a normal time. I would imagine it is the same for the west coast, our home games must start before people get home from work.

:beerbuddy:

Probably but here is what it looks like if we get the Jackets:

1. SJ vs 8. ANA

2. DET vs 7. CBJ

3. VAN vs 6. STL

4. CHI vs 5. CGY

I could see STL winning vs Van and CHI beating CGY for sure. I think both of these will go 7 if they happen, so we would stick to the East if that does happen.

1. SJ vs 6. STL

2. DET vs 4. CHI

I think that is our best case scenario though, but we will probably end up facing the Sharks in the Semi's if we make it that far. I would definitely be calling in a few days if that was the case :banana:

It all comes down to whether the BLUES want to face Vancouver or the Sharks in the first round...

Or better yet, how badly they don't want to face the Sharks.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Blues would prefer to face Vancouver in Round 1, so expect them to try to WASTE Colorado. But that could also get Colorado fired up in their own house. I don't expect them to roll over and play dead either. There's substantial competitive advantage jump for the Blues if they can go from the 8th seed against the Sharks, and leap-frog over Anaheim and Columbus into a better 6th seed pairing against the Nucks.

It's more or less a toss-up for the Blues in terms of travel time. Only a little more for Vancouver, but the chance for advancement improves for them if they go against the Nucks.

The Blues traded wins with the Sharks in the regular season, but our last two meetings with them, in December and March, were each only one goal wins for the Blues (3-2 and 3-1). In other words, they could have gone either way. The matchup against the Nucks, though, was a different story altogether. The Blues were 3 and 1 against Vancouver. They beat them 6-4 in January, only for the Nucks to turn around and beat them 6-4 in February. But that was it. Last month the Blues skated away with two sound victories against the Nucks - the first one a 0-3 shutout, the second one a 2-4 win. Much more lopsided against Vancouver, with the ice tilted decidedly toward St. Louis.

Edited by Grypho

Probably but here is what it looks like if we get the Jackets:

1. SJ vs 8. ANA

2. DET vs 7. CBJ

3. VAN vs 6. STL

4. CHI vs 5. CGY

I could see STL winning vs Van and CHI beating CGY for sure. I think both of these will go 7 if they happen, so we would stick to the East if that does happen.

1. SJ vs 6. STL

2. DET vs 4. CHI

I think that is our best case scenario though, but we will probably end up facing the Sharks in the Semi's if we make it that far. I would definitely be calling in a few days if that was the case :banana:

That would be great if it happend that way..... We shall see tonight!

I know that the first round is a tricky one, but if you want to win the Stanley Cup you have to win it all, so in my opinion it does not really matter who to face. Either Ducks or Blue Jackets has to be beaten. Maybe Blue Jackets is the most save team to face (now that it is the case), because the Ducks first priority is to injure as many players of the other team instead of winning.