• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings-fan for life

Practices and Game day skates...

Rate this topic

I was watching Wingspan on Fox Sports Detroit, as I usually do when I have the time, and they were talking about morning skates on game day. They said morning skates always happen at 10:30 on game days, and I was wondering if anyone knew if they (or practices) were open to the public. There seemed to be some random people around in the stands, but not many, and I wasn't sure if it was real people, or just people who worked at the Joe. Just wondering, as I'm going to a game next month, and it would be great to see them at a practice, or skate like that. Thanks for anyone who knows or has any information!

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think they are open to the public as a general rule. I know there are times when season ticket holders are allowed to sit in on a practice, but for the general public, I don't think they are. I wish - I'm going to be in Detroit the morning of New Year's Eve and it would be a blast to watch morning skate.

I was watching Wingspan on Fox Sports Detroit, as I usually do when I have the time, and they were talking about morning skates on game day. They said morning skates always happen at 10:30 on game days, and I was wondering if anyone knew if they (or practices) were open to the public. There seemed to be some random people around in the stands, but not many, and I wasn't sure if it was real people, or just people who worked at the Joe. Just wondering, as I'm going to a game next month, and it would be great to see them at a practice, or skate like that. Thanks for anyone who knows or has any information!
:D

I've asked around, and no one seems to have a definitive answer. I've heard sometimes, (and by sometimes, say on occasion) they are open to the public, but it isn't often. Apparently morning skates are almost never open to the public, since they're optional. Sadness...

don't want anyone stealing the secret sauce.