26 replies to this topic

#21 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Hawks lose! Hawks lose!!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#22 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

The Central now has the top four teams in the conference.

#23 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Never thought in my wildest nightmares I'd be rooting for the Penguins! YAY, Penguins! ( Yes, I'm biting my tongue... )

If the division weren't so tight then you'd probably sing a different tune. As would pretty much everybody else here. So ridiculous.

#24 Cevari

Cevari

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

If the division weren't so tight then you'd probably sing a different tune. As would pretty much everybody else here. So ridiculous.

Excuse me but could you explain what exactly is "so ridiculous" about this? Are we not allowed to dislike a team we recently met twice in the SCF, losing the last one? Or are we not allowed to put the Wings' situation ahead of that hatred when the division is so tight we could flop between 1st in the conference and 6th in the conference with just a few points difference? Personally I am one of the people who would definitely cheer for the Blues in that game if they had fifteen points less and were no real threat to the Wings in the battle for the Central. I don't see why that would be something to be ashamed of, but maybe you can enlighten me.

EDIT: Explained below. Ignore rant :)

Edited by Cevari, 25 January 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#25 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:46 AM

Excuse me but could you explain what exactly is "so ridiculous" about this? Are we not allowed to dislike a team we recently met twice in the SCF, losing the last one? Or are we not allowed to put the Wings' situation ahead of that hatred when the division is so tight we could flop between 1st in the conference and 6th in the conference with just a few points difference?

Personally I am one of the people who would definitely cheer for the Blues in that game if they had fifteen points less and were no real threat to the Wings in the battle for the Central. I don't see why that would be something to be ashamed of, but maybe you can enlighten me.

I think he meant that the tightness of the Central race is ridiculous.

#26 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

I think he meant that the tightness of the Central race is ridiculous.

:thumbup:

#27 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

As much as I fear a situation-which-shall-not-be-named, I'm glad the players pushed back on the restructuring. 2 of the teams sitting at the top of the conference would be ousted in the first round of the playoffs. Not that the current structure doesn't also do this, but it would be to a more drastic degree.
I'm offended that you're offended.