• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest youssp9

Zetterberg For Ryan Smith?

Rate this topic

That would go down in history as the biggest mistake the Wings ever made.

I dunno, Smyth right now sortof looks like what Zetterberg is going to be once he get a little older. Except, Zetterberg will be better offensive and a slight better defender, I doubt Zetterberg will be as good of a leader though.

If this ever happened I'd expect a 2nd and a 3rd along with it to just be fair.

Guest Rory_Gilmore

It's an "E1" which means he saw this scribbled on the bathroom stall when he was taking a dump.

I dunno, Smyth right now sortof looks like what Zetterberg is going to be once he get a little older. Except, Zetterberg will be better offensive and a slight better defender, I doubt Zetterberg will be as good of a leader though.

If this ever happened I'd expect a 2nd and a 3rd along with it to just be fair.

Forsberg has never been considered a good leader. Hes still considered the best player in the NHL. And I firmly believe that Zetterberg is going to be the next Foppa.

Smyth is tough thats for sure, but he is a solid franchise player. There is no way he leaves Edmonton. Plus. Hank has way more potential. Smyth is a great player and deserves to be on a winning team but I think Hank will go down in history as a better all around player when all is said and done.

Just look at their stats in comparison in the last two seasons. Hank has 87 points and a +/- of 21. Solid two way play if I ever did see it. Smyth has 120 points and a +/- of 16. Also solid two way play but Smyths career +/- is -11. Not very inspiring. They also each spent one of the last two seasons injured playing only 60 some games. And they are nearly identical in size.

So why would we trade Hank AND a pick for a Smyth who is older and puts up nearly identical stats?

I say no. Bad idea and I hope it doesnt happen.