• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WindsorPlaya

No Trade Clause May Be Key!

Rate this topic

The no trade clause may be key to what player(s) the Wings pick-up at or before the deadline because I really don't think Holland will get into a bidding war or give too much to get any player and its doubtful he will trade a key roster player for a good return...he doesn't take huge risks and seems to only make deals when they are in his favor.

Perfect example was the Forskin situation. With the parady around the league, there would have been a frenzy if other playoff teams were able to get in the mix. But because he would only waive his clause if he were dealt to certain teams, Detroit was in play. I'm sure the Wings would have never had a chance in hell at landing him unless he had that clause.

Thoughts?

28 other teams wouldnt have had a chance in landing Floppa anyways. Nobody can compete with an offer of Upshall, Parent, a 1st and a 3rd and not sell the farm in the process.

i think this was because forsberg may not want to resign or even retire after this year, Nashville had to take that risk because unless a great playoff run is put together they may go out of Nashville, b.t.w the 3rd rounder there is a condition, if forsberg resigns with nashville after this year The preds keep the pick

Another example is Tkachuk and Guerin who are rumoured to be going everywhere including our team. Tkachuk has a no trade and Guerin doesn't. Detroit will have a shot at landing Tkachuk if we are a team he would play for. Guerin we don't have a chance because even though I am sure we are interested in him, some other team will easily outbid us for his services and there will be a lot of them.

i think this was because forsberg may not want to resign or even retire after this year, Nashville had to take that risk because unless a great playoff run is put together they may go out of Nashville, b.t.w the 3rd rounder there is a condition, if forsberg resigns with nashville after this year The preds keep the pick

tell me something I dont know. I dont see how this comment addresses my statement.

w the 3rd rounder there is a condition, if forsberg resigns with nashville after this year The preds keep the pick

That doesn't make any sense. Then the Preds would be paying less to get more in return. I've heard that the 3rd rounder becomes a 1st rounder nstead if Forsberg stays in Nashville. Nothing about the conditional pick is confirmed yet, however.