• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:39 PM

As much as I don't like Bertuzzi that much personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the ice.

It'll be interesting to see if he just goes all out, or if he plays really cautious due to his bad back. Those damn injuries seem to be nagging unfortunately so I wouldn't be surprised if it slows him down a bit.

I am cautiously optimistic though and hope I am wrong. wink.gif

#42 My GF Wishes I Was Hank

My GF Wishes I Was Hank

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(SouthernWingsFan @ March 7, 2007 - 11:39PM) View Post

As much as I don't like Bertuzzi that much personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do on the ice.

It'll be interesting to see if he just goes all out, or if he plays really cautious due to his bad back. Those damn injuries seem to be nagging unfortunately so I wouldn't be surprised if it slows him down a bit.

I am cautiously optimistic though and hope I am wrong. wink.gif

I dunno it could go either way. He said in an interview that the back is feeling great, but he wasnt going to rush his return. He wants to be ready fully so he can get back into the same style of play that he has always played. With as much time off as he has had im sure the back is going to be ok, but like you said they can be tricky. It will be interesting to see, but i for one can not wait!
IPB Image

"I know i'm young but if i had to choose her or the sun, I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun"

#43 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:52 PM

I think having Chelios on the team is going to be huge in bringing back Bertuzzi's old game.

In the words of A2Y's IwoCPO:

I’ve got a hunch. I’ve got a hunch that this move is going to be huge. Bertuzzi, had he stayed in Florida, may have been playing by now. That was the chatter leading up to the deadline. Remember? He was supposed to play last Thursday. The Wings are going to stretch out his rehab as far as they can, but I’m betting he’s pretty damn close to healthy. And, he’s going to be a bull in a china shop when he’s finally allowed to suit up.

I’ve got a hunch that Chris Chelios is already in his ear, telling Bertuzzi that the player the Wings need is the abrasive, violent, ass-kicking, immovable force that we saw in Vancouver in ‘02.

And if we get that kind of player?

“He was unreal when he was here in Vancouver,” Naslund said. “He might be the most exciting player they’ve seen here, even more so than Pavel Bure and Alexander Mogilny. He brings so much more than scoring, because he can hit and make plays.”

Somehow, somebody’s gotta let this guy loose. If there’s baggage up there, someone’s gotta shake it and convince Bertuzzi that the most fun he ever had were the years he struck fear into all six opposing players, each for different reasons.

The Wings need Bertuzzi to be reckless and hungry. Violent and tenacious. Healthy first, of course, but after that? Let Dr. Chelios handle it from there.

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#44 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ March 7, 2007 - 08:52PM) View Post

I think having Chelios on the team is going to be huge in bringing back Bertuzzi's old game.

In the words of A2Y's IwoCPO:

I love it
IPB Image

#45 My GF Wishes I Was Hank

My GF Wishes I Was Hank

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ March 7, 2007 - 11:52PM) View Post

You know what, i agree with that statement. I think that having Cheli with him that it is going to bring back bertuzzi's old game, and hopefully vice versa. Maybe having Bertuzzi out there will help cheli get back the step he lost. Im not saying that hes not a good player, but hes not what he used to be either (and trust me this is hard for me to say seeing as im a huge chelios fan) but maybe they will feed off eachother and make them both better.

IPB Image

"I know i'm young but if i had to choose her or the sun, I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun"

#46 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(My GF Wishes I Was Hank @ March 8, 2007 - 10:25AM) View Post

You know what, i agree with that statement. I think that having Cheli with him that it is going to bring back bertuzzi's old game, and hopefully vice versa. Maybe having Bertuzzi out there will help cheli get back the step he lost. Im not saying that hes not a good player, but hes not what he used to be either (and trust me this is hard for me to say seeing as im a huge chelios fan) but maybe they will feed off eachother and make them both better.

That's something I hadn't considered. With the battles between Bert and Chelios in the past, Bertuzzi could see this as an opportunity to impress a fellow competitor who is now a friend and a team-mate. Any little bit of motivation helps with Bertuzzi.
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#47 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(One of the Few @ March 8, 2007 - 07:48AM) View Post

That's something I hadn't considered. With the battles between Bert and Chelios in the past, Bertuzzi could see this as an opportunity to impress a fellow competitor who is now a friend and a team-mate. Any little bit of motivation helps with Bertuzzi.

yeah i agree
IPB Image

#48 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(Viperar @ March 7, 2007 - 09:25PM) View Post

that fact of the matter is, since that hit, he's been called a washed up player, doing nothing for florida in that trade, and hes got a lot to prove. If i knew my career was on the line and had to prove something, sure id be cautious, but id sure as hell go out there and show them what i am made of

he only played seven games, what can anyone do in 7 games during the start of a regular season with a new team?

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#49 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(rwfan007 @ March 8, 2007 - 10:51AM) View Post

he only played seven games, what can anyone do in 7 games during the start of a regular season with a new team?

he had 7 points wink.gif
IPB Image

#50 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE(wingslogo19 @ March 8, 2007 - 01:53PM) View Post

he had 7 points wink.gif

yeah, read what I replied to though. the guy said bert did nothing for FLA in the trade.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#51 My GF Wishes I Was Hank

My GF Wishes I Was Hank

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE(rwfan007 @ March 8, 2007 - 01:56PM) View Post

yeah, read what I replied to though. the guy said bert did nothing for FLA in the trade.

There are always going to be bert haters, just part of the game i suppose.
IPB Image