• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Louisville

Playoff Fever

Rate this topic

Bucci explains why the playoffs are so great, and what teams are in store for....

He also picks the Red Wings in 7...Enjoy!

• No. 1 Red Wings vs. No. 8 Flames: I keep going back and forth on this one. Calgary has the experience to win this series. Detroit has some injuries, but the Red Wings are well coached as opposed to the past when the Wings would play into opponents' hands. Just when I think I'm going to write Calgary in seven, I want to write Red Wings in seven. That's it. Red Wings in seven.

Key comments:

And with one Wade Dubielewicz pokecheck, here we are.

That one pokecheck on Sergei Brylin cost the Toronto Maple Leafs about a minimum of $3 million (assuming their playoff games average about $1.5M a contest). It gives Charles Wang and the Islanders millions in playoff revenue considering New York's smaller, older rink. Yes, the team which made preseason goalie news by signing hair-follicle legend Rick DiPietro to a $67.5 million deal was saved by a 28-year-old bald man making $495,000.

This is why sports are the best reality television.

If you are a Red Wings fan, you look at Pavel Datsyuk (three goals and 12 assists in 42 playoff games) and sing Eminem:

"May I have your attention please?

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

I repeat, will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

We're gonna have a problem here."

The NFL and NBA try to give their trophy ceremonies the NHL treatment, buy they look like Dodge Neons parked behind a Mercedes.