• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
My GF Wishes I Was Hank

Calder?

Rate this topic

Alright, well i have noticed alot of negativity when Kyle Calder's name is mentioned lately. When he came to the wings no one really cared, though we gave up a jason willioms for another jason williams type player. Then he came out string in his first two weeks and everyone loved the guy. He was getting minutes and respect. Since playoffs he has really gotten the shaft in my book. This series he has only gotten just a little less than 7 minutes total, and was forced to sit this last game for Kopecky. What is going on? I know he is injured, but is that the reason he isnt being played as much as he was? Or is there something that babcock isnt seeing in him anymore? I think hes still one of our better players out there when hes healthy, has heart and goes to the corners to get the puck, on a line with cleary and lang, he was phenomenal during regualr season. Anyone know whats going on? Is he just hurt, or is he done as a wing? What do you think? Because the Kopecky substitution didnt do anything for me yesterday with those two dumb penalties in the first then i didnt really notice him the rest of the game. Not really a momentum pusher .....

I like Calder, but if he's not winning battles and doing his thing along the wall and in front of the net...I wouldnt call him useless but he's ineffective. He doesnt skate well enough to be a forechecking demon, and that's what Babcock wants out of Kopecky. Babcock said after the game Kopecky makes Detroit "quicker", and honestly that's all it boils down to. If Calder was playing well Kopecky wouldnt get a sniff, but since he's not Babcock went with speed.