• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

2007 French Open

Rate this topic

The second Grand Slam of the year has just got underway. After defeating Rafael Nadal in Hamburg last week, World No.1 Roger Federer will be confident that he can claim the last major trophy missing from an illustrious career. However despite the media giving him a major chance to win, I don’t see it happening. The clay courts in Paris are the slowest around whereas it’s the complete opposite in Hamburg. I believe Nadal will claim his third French Open crown in succession.

On the women’s side, Ana Ivanovic is up to a career high of No.7 after winning her second Tier I title a few weeks back. She has a great draw and I expect her to go very deep, that is of course if she brings her ‘A’ game. When on she can beat anyone, but when off she’s capable of losing to anyone. However she’s my dark horse to win. And despite having an extremely rocky year, Henin-Hardenne would be the favourite yet again.

:thumbup: Lleyton is most definitely shouting : "COME ON !" in your avatar.

Hopefully there are many of them during the tournament. ;) Unfortunately he'll have to face Nadal in the 4th Round which I can't see him winning. Anyone but Federer though!

Venus Williams just beat follow American Ashley Harkleroad. My favourite Ana Ivanovic only dropped the two games in winning her 1st Round match. :thumbup: Keep an eye out for her.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

I usually don't watch the French - well I can't even because of the time zone here. I heard Roddick lost on the radio and I didn't even know the tourney had begun. I mean, he should just skip the French every year. Obviously not a clay player.

Have fun watching - i'll check back in at Wimbledon - I can see a fair number of those matches - and i sometimes track them on my computer at work.

Go anyone vs. Federer (Nadal?).

4th Round: Rafael Nadal v Lleyton Hewitt! But if Hewitt is to win, it’s basically handing the title to Federer. :huh:

Federer cruising through as he hasn’t faced anyone remotely decent. <_<

Ana Ivanovic through to the QF's! :thumbup:

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Mens:

Federer (1) vs Robredo (9)

Davydenko (4) vs Canas (19)

Djokovic (6) vs Andreev

Nadal (2) vs Moya (23)

Womens:

Henin (1) vs S Williams (8)

Jankovic (4) vs Vaidisova (6)

Kuznetsova (3) vs Ivanovic (7)