• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

OFFICIAL: Draper signs 3-year $4.75M extension

Rate this topic

This is a good signing. I didn't want to see Drapes finish his career anywhere else, like we saw McCarty do. Even though he hasn't played his whole career in Detroit, to me it always feels like he's been a Wing his whole career. Him and Maltby both.

Drapes is a hard worker, has never had too many problems with injuries and at 36 years old, is still one of if not the fastest player on thea team. Hard work and determination dont fade with age, and if his skating does, hell still be an above average skater.

I dont mind the term, and I dont mind the price. And no, spending 1.58M on Draper will not come back to bite Kenny in the ass.

I think we got "home town" discount here boys. Ask yourself what Drapes would get on the free agent market. His leadership, grit and PK skills alone would get him 2mil a season... throw in the fact that he can score 20 and win 60% of the faceoffs and I firmly believe that a team would have given him anywhere between 2.5 and 2.8m a season for a couple if not three years. Let's face it, whatever line Drapes is on can be considered the "Grind Line" cause of the way he plays the game.

Thrilled to hear the news! So quickly a lone buck turns into a 4.75 for what could be the final 3 years of his tour in the NHL.

Hard work and heart, not to mention finding the net every once in a while did drapes well.

I think we got "home town" discount here boys. Ask yourself what Drapes would get on the free agent market. His leadership, grit and PK skills alone would get him 2mil a season... throw in the fact that he can score 20 and win 60% of the faceoffs and I firmly believe that a team would have given him anywhere between 2.5 and 2.8m a season for a couple if not three years. Let's face it, whatever line Drapes is on can be considered the "Grind Line" cause of the way he plays the game.

:thumbup:

Draper = Heart & Soul

He is on a mission each and every shift. You just know that Babcock looks him in the eye right before he hits the ice and says, " I wish you Godspeed, Kris Draper."