• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pjgj13

Central Division / is the best (merged)

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

The Wings are 2-3-1 vs the division and 11-1 against rest of league, plus the division is all over .500.

Central Notes

The Central Division is the ONLY NHL division where all 5 teams are above .500.

The lowest team (St.Louis) has more pionts than any other last place team in any division.

The Central is the ONLY division that has 3 teams with 20+ points.

Combined, the Central division teams have surrendered the fewest goals of any division.

The Wings have the 2nd highest scoring offense.

The last place Blues are tied for 3rd for the fewest goals allowed by any team in any division.

There are only 3 players in the Central in the top 30 in scoring. I don't know what the significance of that is other than perhaps the central teams are the most competitive because they have the best depth from team to team and spread their scoring out over more players.

PS: Robert Lang is in the top 30 in scoring! Like his supporters always said, give the guy top minutes, he'll produce top numbers. Never got a fair shake on this team did Mr. Lang.

C'mon everyone where is your competitive spirit? I LOVE the fact that this divison is no longer a for gone conclusion. Of course I want the Wings to win it, but I think it's so cool to have 32 MEANINGFUL games as opposed to watching nearly half a season's worth of nearly "sure-thing" victories..... :thumbup:

As of today (11/15), the Central division has the most wins (49) having played the 4th most games of any division (86).

The next closest is the Northeast with 45 wins in 84 games. Southeast = 41/91, Pacific= 40/89, Northwest=42/87, Atlantic=44/85.

The more I watch these teams play, the more it seems like there isn't a bad team in the bunch. Of course all it takes is the flick of a switch for one division to leapfrog another, etc, but the fact of the matter appears to be that the Central division is the strongest in the league, even if all statistics dont point to it. Especially given that the more I watch the Eastern Conference, the more pathetic it looks. Im willing to bet that a good 2/3 of the Eastern teams would be bottom feeders in the West and that any of our 5 teams could be a top 5 team in the East, if not a top 3.

Just thought Id put that out there, since there are still plenty of people who are stuck in the past when referring to the Central division as a weak one.

The Blues are in last place in the Central...but don't forget that they have played far fewer games than anyone else.

Chicago - 4 more games played than St. Louis

Columbus - 3 more games played than St. Louis

Nashville - 3 more games played than St. Louis

Detroit - 3 more games played than St. Louis

The Blues trail Nasville, Columbus and Chicago all by 5 pts.