• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jvxp

Rumor: Franzen Out with Possible Blood Clot?

Rate this topic

On 101.1 Mickey Redmond speculated Holland would not release anything until after the Dallas series (not wanting to give anything that might boost Dallas' confidence).

In other news: Toastmasters International who's (US) headquatered in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA plans to invest millions in IR oven technology after a doctor of Dallas Stars goal tender, Marty Turco, reported a third degree burn suffered during the Detroit Red Wings series.

"Its as if he laid out in the desert sun for weeks" states Dr. Fluffensack "I can't see any other cause then that red light behind the goal net."

The NHL is reported to be looking in to the cause of this burn and has noted that Jose Theodore had been hospitalized for something similar following their match up with Detroit.

"We initially atributed this to puss' matter" reflected Gary Bettman at a press conference ealier this week, "but right now its quite obvious something else"

"We have the best and brightest the NHL has to offer, and we WILL get to the bottom of it!" exclaimed a puzzled Bettman.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF...

banghead.gif

Hey, remember when that guy who claimed he talked to one of Fischer's doctors and said that Fisch would be playing again within weeks?

Yeah.

Rumors are stupid like that.

Don't beat your head against the wall like that... you might get a blood clot. :ph34r:

Let's see... all we know at this point is that Franzen has had persistent headaches over the past week and is getting it checked out. Anything more is only a rumor and deserves no consideration without a reputable source. He is likely to miss game 4, but beyond that, who knows?

Even the status report of "concussion-like symptoms" is tenuous at best. According to Babs and Holland, he has no dizziness or nausea, only a headache. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Whatever it is, it's not good. As already mentioned, they're not saying anything about it for a reason. If it was good news, they would have announced a return date. But they don't want to bring themselves down for Dallas. Sorry guys, I'm a freaking pessimist. I don't think that it's that the results aren't out yet.

Honestly, if it is something like post concussion syndrome or even worse a blood clot, sit him out the rest of the playoffs. Yes he was the leading scorer on the team at the time of his injury, however he is the 6-7th most important player. And if he was the most important player I still say sit him. His health is more important than the Stanley cup!!!!!

This team is deep enough, talented enough, and smart enough to win without him.

My main concern (and I am sure it is the wings as well) is his health over his playing this post season or not.