• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingfaninCO

What It Means to Be a Red Wing

Rate this topic

My sister found this book and neither of us could put it down once we started reading. It chronicles the history of the Red Wings by decade. Players of the different eras (as well as others involved in the franchise's history) told their personal stories. They shared the joy and heartbreak of being on the team during the winning and losing years. The pride in playing for an Original Six team is clear in what they said. I would highly recommend this book. Not only did it increase my knowledge of some of the old-time players, but it also increased my pride in the Detroit Red Wings. You truly get a deeper understanding of what it means to be a Red Wing.

My sister found this book and neither of us could put it down once we started reading. It chronicles the history of the Red Wings by decade. Players of the different eras (as well as others involved in the franchise's history) told their personal stories. They shared the joy and heartbreak of being on the team during the winning and losing years. The pride in playing for an Original Six team is clear in what they said. I would highly recommend this book. Not only did it increase my knowledge of some of the old-time players, but it also increased my pride in the Detroit Red Wings. You truly get a deeper understanding of what it means to be a Red Wing.

Own it! Will be my summer reading :)

Thanks for the hot tip. :thumbup:

I've had my copy for about a year, and it's beautiful. The essays are well written, and give you a little insight into the guys who wrote them. I found it at Barnes and Noble in Midland, and stopped right in the aisle and read Pasha's. I laughed, I smiled, and I was very touched by what he wrote. It's a great book. I'd like to take mine to camp and see if I can get some of the guys to sign it.

The essays are very wonderful little snippets of history and insight. Great reading!

It was a pretty good read. I enjoyed the essays from the players of the Jack Adams era. Ozzy also had a pretty good essay about his experiences on the wings.

ha ha, wow! I just got his book as a groomsmen gift this past weekend, it looks pretty cool. I am looking forward to reading it!!

Funny thing is the groom is a huge Predators fan! He said he felt terrible buying it, but knew that I would enjoy it.