• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
babygorilla

FAN590 reports Sundin to the Habs

Rate this topic

If Montreal and New York are his top destinations, why hasnt he signed with one of them yet.

He takes his sweet-ass time making decisions. I'm sure Mats will wait until 11:59pm on June 30th to decide if he's going to go to Montreal.

I see Boston making a huge play for him, they are getting torched in the newspapers around here for not being a contender when the other 3 teams are winning championships.

Not because they haven't won, but because it appears they are not trying to win.

I see Boston making a huge play for him, they are getting torched in the newspapers around here for not being a contender when the other 3 teams are winning championships.

Not because they haven't won, but because it appears they are not trying to win.

Theres speculation that Boston has already acquried rights to talk to Marian Hossa. Boston doesnt need centers. They have Savard and Kessel who needs all the playing time at center he can get to keep developing. They need wingers. They were in the running to get Hossa at the deadline and now theyre even more eager. Theyre also ready to trade (almost) anyone off their roster to get Hossa or even waive Glen Murray or buy him out.

Theres speculation that Boston has already acquried rights to talk to Marian Hossa. Boston doesnt need centers. They have Savard and Kessel who needs all the playing time at center he can get to keep developing. They need wingers. They were in the running to get Hossa at the deadline and now theyre even more eager. Theyre also ready to trade (almost) anyone off their roster to get Hossa or even waive Glen Murray or buy him out.

Glen Murray will be either sent packing or bought out. I don't see a lot of interest in him, there was some at the start of last season, I think Dallas, however I just don't see him getting traded with that contract. 4.1 for one year for an aging not so good forward. He is Owen Nolan minus the physical game.

Strike that Nolan probably has more upside than Murray right now.

I know last year before Kessel got hot, he was benched and there was talk that any trade Boston was involved in Kessel was going. With the uncertain future or Bergereon and Kessel (will he be the man that he was at the end of the season and playoffs, or play like the kid he is and seemed to be all season.*) I can definitely see them making a move for the splash sake of it, not necessarily the right move personnel wise.

*He is a kid, and needs time to develop a consistent game, but they need him to be their Flip if not better.

Savard on the other hand is the closest thing in the league, IMO, to Datsyuk as far as passing ability, the guy makes incredible passes that more often than not guys are not ready for.

I think they are better served getting a solid #2 defense man to go along with Chara over getting an aging veteran like Sundin, I just see them making a bad move in order to keep up with the other teams in the area.

Edited by Opie