• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
omnipotent_hudler

Top 5 this year?

Rate this topic

I'm getting a bit pumped for the fantasy hockey season and I just thought I'd start some speculation on what people think the top 5 or even top 10 should look like this year.

1. Ovechkin

2. Malkin

3. Zetterberg

4. Datsyuk

5. Crosby

6. Iginla

7. Lecavalier

8. Thornton

9. Hossa

10. Nabokov

I think Zetterberg is probably going to go ahead of Datsyuk in most leagues this year; personally I really think Datsyuk should go ahead as he is generally more consistent, gets injured less, and ends up with a better +/-.

Anyways, am I completely off base here or are most people speculating around the same? Post your lists and we can get into player arguments :thumbup:

Nabokov just had, for fantasy hockey purposes, what was probably by far the best season of his career. This is due to the fact he started 77 games, and his team was much better defensively than it has been, and therefore hewon 46.

Statistically, Nabokov played worse than his career average. The Sharks got worse during the offseason, so it's questionable whether Nabokov will be able to repeat his overall performance from last year in key stats for FH. And Brian Boucher is now in town as a backup, so Nabokov should see closer to 55-65 games than the 77 he saw this season.

You're better off going with Brodeur in your top ten than Nabokov; he typically puts up better Sv%/GAA numbers and he always plays that many games so he'll usually get you 35+ wins--you have to go back to 1995-96 for the last time Brodeur didn't win 35 or more games in a single season.

As far as Dats vs Z...based on the past couple seasons, Z will have better numbers per game, but fewer games. Overall, it's probably pretty close, but I would take Z. If they get split and one of them plays with Hossa, however...that could mess it all up though. Dats playing with Franzen and Hossa would probably put up better numbers than Z playing with Sammy and Homer.