• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingslionstigers

Who would produce the most on the 2nd line?

Rate this topic

I think if Cleary could get his game back to what we got from him last year he would be a good fit with Mule and Hank. Cleary can grind it out in the corners and keep some of the pressure off Hank.

I feel that Huds is better suited to play against 5th and 6th D-men.

Flip just dosen't look comfortable on the second line yet but I am sure he will be soon.

You could tell this by the whole 1 and a half games he played on the 2nd line this year? Hudler has good chemsitry with Z + Franzen, as his powerplay points show. If Hudler was 2 inchs taller and 15 pds heavier, no one would question him.

Powerplay is different than 5 on 5, Zetterberg and Mule are both mules, in that case, hudler is a pony, he has a stong will, and tons of skill but theres no way he can handle being on a line with these two bangers. Hudler imo would be best with datsyuk and homer if you want him to produce.

Nobody on the Wings other than Hossa, Datsyuk or Homer would produce on a line with Hank and Mule. Regardless of who of the remaining Wings you stick with Hank and Mule they aren't going to score as much as them. You just gotta go with the next best offensive player and hope for the best, which would be Hudler.

Look at it this way; in all reality Hank and *edit* (maybe) Mule will have about 40-45 goals when all is said and done. Do you expect any of whoever it is on their line to do the same? Asking someone to produce as much as everyone here expects the person who is with Hank and Mule is a tall order (sorry Hudler, no knock to you) and simply isn't going to happen.

Edited by dallas27

It's obvious :)

Hank/Pav/Homer

Hossa/Franzen/Huddles (or, i hate to say it, Sammy (if he could just improve his Brett Hull imitation))

Cleary/Flipper/ Lieno or ... (malts, mac, downy, sammy)

Sammy/Drapes/Kopecky (malts, mac, downy)

oh, and if Babs doesn't give us a few periods with a pav/hank/hossa line sometime this year, I'll ...I'll...I'll :ranting: