• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

A look ahead...

Rate this topic

So now that the month of November has passed, the wings look to the month of December. We only have 4 road games in Dec (2 b2b games) as opposed to 7 road games in Nov. Hopefully this, relatively speaking, light schedule will help the Wings with recovery and maybe get them back into a groove.

It would be nice to see the lines shuffled around a bit, and to see a couple of prospects get some ice. I'm thinking this would be a good time to call up Downey, but I'm not very optimistic about it.

Thoughts?

So now that the month of November has passed, the wings look to the month of December. We only have 4 road games in Dec (2 b2b games) as opposed to 7 road games in Nov. Hopefully this, relatively speaking, light schedule will help the Wings with recovery and maybe get them back into a groove.

It would be nice to see the lines shuffled around a bit, and to see a couple of prospects get some ice. I'm thinking this would be a good time to call up Downey, but I'm not very optimistic about it.

Thoughts?

I think the boys may settle down to business in the next few weeks

I agree with your desire to see some of the Grand Rapids boys come up and get a look see

I'd love to see Leino and Ericksson for a few games It might inspire a bit of mentoring and excitement in the dressing room too.THe team is in that bad spot now where they think talent alone even behind late in a game can overcome almost anything

I do recall in earlier cup years though Scotty Bowman would tinker with the lineup till Christmas also experimenting with different combinations

Give Lidstrom a night off once in a while

THe Downey thing I think is officially over ....don't think he fits into Babcock's or Hollands current philosophy

I know fans across the league would be pissed but rotating thru some "rest games" for a number of the vets even this early would help to regain focus and also might go some ways to finding some new lines that click

As far as the trap remember years ago under Scotty Larry Murphy and Lidstrom would put up lob passes thru the neutral zone like in basketball that'll beat the trap just go over it !!

I think the boys may settle down to business in the next few weeks

I agree with your desire to see some of the Grand Rapids boys come up and get a look see

I'd love to see Leino and Ericksson for a few games It might inspire a bit of mentoring and excitement in the dressing room too.THe team is in that bad spot now where they think talent alone even behind late in a game can overcome almost anything

I do recall in earlier cup years though Scotty Bowman would tinker with the lineup till Christmas also experimenting with different combinations

Give Lidstrom a night off once in a while

THe Downey thing I think is officially over ....don't think he fits into Babcock's or Hollands current philosophy

I know fans across the league would be pissed but rotating thru some "rest games" for a number of the vets even this early would help to regain focus and also might go some ways to finding some new lines that click

As far as the trap remember years ago under Scotty Larry Murphy and Lidstrom would put up lob passes thru the neutral zone like in basketball that'll beat the trap just go over it !!

heh, Scotty giving the boys a nite off? I was thinking we should do that, glad to know I'm not the first.

To me, February was a huge learning experience for us last year, and really drove us to be solid contenders for the cup. I'd like to see that drive again, hopefully not risking too many points to get it.

Guest DetroitBoy313

I think we feel like we're being "let down" because with the addition of Hossa we thought that the Wing's were just supposed to plow through everyone that stood in their way.Maybe this adversity is going to pay off in the long run.I mean I'm pissed off just as much as everyone else about their play of late but let's not whine like little babies here.I think they'll be fine.They just have to start matching the intensity of other teams.

I think we feel like we're being "let down" because with the addition of Hossa we thought that the Wing's were just supposed to plow through everyone that stood in their way.Maybe this adversity is going to pay off in the long run.I mean I'm pissed off just as much as everyone else about their play of late but let's not whine like little babies here.I think they'll be fine.They just have to start matching the intensity of other teams.

I think so, too. Something needs to change, but we're not even close to being done. Also, I'd rather us hit a rut early in the season instead of the last half. And yes, with this Wings squad, adversity almost always makes them better. And yes, we should be resting some players, as well. It can't hurt, and may end up paying off huge dividends.

I say rotate:

Give Raffy a game off, then Lidstrom, have them alternate unless the team simply can't win without them both. When Chelios comes back see how he's playing, pull Lebda a few games, etc.