• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Winged_Wheeler

Should the Red Wings Fire Assistant Coach Brad McCrimmon?

Rate this topic

Brad McCrimmon  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So McCrimmon has somehow managed to coach a stellar defense into playing poorly? I don't buy that. They just aren't playing well ... little hustle, mental lapses, way too many turnovers in our own zone, failing to clear on PKs, etc. Again, unless you can point to something specific that McCrimmon has changed from last year to this year that is clearly making our defense play this way ...

I'm not saying that he made them bad. But chemistry is just as important for coaches as it is for players. I take it from me becuse I used to coach a high school team (althought not hockey) and learned how important it is to fit in. In high school, I came from one of the best programs in the state. But that did not help me out when it came to fitting in with the team I was coaching. I didn't like their policies or agree with how they did things. I did not fit into their system at all becuse I was used to doing things a certain way.

Just like in Miracle when Herb Brooks said that he's not looking for the best players, he's looking for the right ones. The same thing goes for coaches. McCrimmon might not be a bad coach, but he doesn't seem to be the right one at the moment.

I'll put this on you then: Based on the several non-winning years on his resume, would you have hired him to be essentially the D co-ordinator on a defending Stanley Cup team?

If those teams played poorly defensively given the personnel they had, then no, probably not. On the other hand, if they were just poor teams and the defense played above their abilities, perhaps I would. Obviously the Wings felt he had something to contribute, or else they wouldn't have hired him.

Regardless, none of this indicates he is the problem now.

I'm not saying that he made them bad. But chemistry is just as important for coaches as it is for players. I take it from me becuse I used to coach a high school team (althought not hockey) and learned how important it is to fit in. In high school, I came from one of the best programs in the state. But that did not help me out when it came to fitting in with the team I was coaching. I didn't like their policies or agree with how they did things. I did not fit into their system at all becuse I was used to doing things a certain way.

Just like in Miracle when Herb Brooks said that he's not looking for the best players, he's looking for the right ones. The same thing goes for coaches. McCrimmon might not be a bad coach, but he doesn't seem to be the right one at the moment.

Again, based on what? I could list many reasons why the defense might be playing poorly, from the plausible to the inane, but I can't substantiate any of them, so I don't bring them up. I have yet to see anything to substantiate blaming McCrimmon either, this is all just speculation, yet you want to fire him. Seem a little extreme?

Firing the assistant coach is going to do what, exactly?

Our defenseman aren't new to the game. They don't NEED much training and coaching other than "Do what you've been doing for the last however-many years." This isn't a coaching issue - it's a team issue. They KNOW how to play correctly - they just AREN'T.

Fire McCrimmon? What a stupid suggestion. Should we also trade Lidstrom and put Rafalski on waivers? <_<

I say NO and it is because I don't think that the way the Wings are playing can be blamed on him. I don't think that firing an assistant coach will have any effect whatsoever.

i say yes but i kind of want him to be there next year b/c if its the same then yes fire him but i would say wait a while but he is in charge of our defense

Good lord people!! C'mon! I had to check the date of this topic because it happens EVERY YEAR. The wings hit a skid near the AS break and all the Chicken Littles come out. Next thing you know Ozzie's going to be on the chopping block soon too - he doesn't have ANY goals this year!!! GOSH!!!! And Zetterberg hasn't scored in his last two games either - lynch him!!! Settle down.

The one who seriously needs a swift kick to the nether regions and threatened with losing their job is the one responsible for getting the February schedule calendar posted. Unless there's been a death in the family, someone needs a good beatdown!! IKIMASHO!