• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings1973

Playoff Rosters

Rate this topic

I was just about to post the same questions in a thread. Thanks for beating me to it.

I know that Babs has stated that Helm and Lenio are going to play in the playoffs but what I (and I assume the thread creator) want to know is have the rosters been announced for game 1? Have the players been called up? Is anything official?

I have to do my playoff draft tomorrow night and we do this thing where you can pick a sleeper. Basically before the draft starts everyone writes down the name of someone no one else will pick (during the draft) and the paper is hidden and put in a safe place. Then after the draft if your player is still available you get them on your roster. Basically a free late round pick.

Last year I picked Darren McCarty and he was good for a couple of points. This year I am thinking either Helm or Lenio (if they are called up).

Does anyone know when the Wings' playoff roster will be set?

Any ideas on who will be called up?

I would think Leino and Helm are locks???

I just hope Ericcson doesn't stay up for playoffs. He's made some real bonehead mistakes here recently.

When Ken and Mickey were interviewing Ken Holland about Franzen's contract, he said he and Babcock would discuss the roster issue during the plane trip to Chicago. Holland said he would leave it up to Babcock. If the players were going to play, he would call them up. If they are not, he would leave them in Grand Rapids. Regarding Ericsson, I believe he will be the final pairing with Lebda, since Lilja is not ready, yet. He has had a few issues, but for being a rookie, he looks pretty good.

Guest mindfly

Would not alot of GR kids be with the team as "black aces" like last year? or are they busy with AHL playoffs? they missed the playoffs last year?