• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

This Team is Too Lazy at the Beginning of Games

Rate this topic

Both teams have been guilty of it thus far, though until game three you guys had been consistently better at remaining focused.

Chicago's lack of focus, particulary in maintaining an aggressive forecheck and defensive style, was the key cog in Detroit's late 2nd period comeback. After the PP goal, I knew we were in trouble as Campbell and co. quit denying the zone and started spectating on defense. We will get ******* thrashed if we play like this for an extended period of time. Needless to say we yielded 2 more goals and I thought we were in line for yet another meltdown. Thanfully for the Hawks it didn't fully come to fruition.

If yielded skating room in the offensive, both teams will score in bunches if given the opportunity. The key for the rest of the series will be which blue line steps up, and if the Hawks can continue to cut down on the sloppy miscues (horrible line changes, TOs, and penalities).

At this point anything can happen, and I'm eager to see if the Hawks can thwart themselves back into the series by winning game 4.

I bet they do, and of course then this is a whole new series

but didn't we see that for much of the reg season too ? Since gm 1 there has been an element of indifference with this team that I never saw last year.

Yes, it has been a problem since the regular season as has the awful penalty killing.

Not a surprise that these factors have been the Wings two biggest weaknesses so far in the playoffs.

Guest CaliWingsNut

You guys give too much credit. This is the playoffs, and we are a defensive style playing team. They are not going to run right out and take risks, when they can analyze and react instead.