• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

The Hossa 'slash' (Dupuis broke his own stick)

Rate this topic

Hey, if it's not broke don't fix it right?

When Cindy quits providing the material, we'll quit using it.. obvious.

WAAHHH "KURT" MALTBY MADE FUN OF ME, SO I HIT HIM ON THE FOOT AFTER THE GAME WAS OVER AND I'LL GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE GARY BETTMAN LIKE THE WAY I TASTE!! WAHHH!

on a side note, not worth starting a new post for, I just went over to the pits pens msg boards, I forgot that I had a login over there from last year..

lol.

Seems you are the one whining about an innocuous tap on the foot.

"Hey, you can't touch his plastic and leather encased foot with that piece of wood, you might hurt him".

You're completely right--that hook on Hossa was a penalty and would have been called in the regular season. As some others have noted, the league has pretty much been letting the players play this series, so a no call on the hook was consistent in that regard. But that gets you in trouble when ignoring a call leads to a goal or a scoring chance (in the same way the no call on Malkin tripping Kronwall led to a breakaway in game 1).

The broken stick stands out because if it had been a slash breaking the stick (regardless of any flaw or weakness in the composite stick), this has become an automatic penalty in the way that drawing blood on a high stick has become the standard for assessing a double minor.

Simply not true. Check the link a few posts up. The rink-end angle is pretty conclusive to my eye -- not a slash, not a hook. A great play by Hossa.

Well, you've gotta admit, the past decade sure have been the Wing's

Wonder%20Years.jpg

maybe. I am more concerned about this series coming back to our ice....we'll just take the series...

One%20Day%20at%20a%20Time.jpg

Edited by Sneaky Pete

Simply not true. Check the link a few posts up. The rink-end angle is pretty conclusive to my eye -- not a slash, not a hook. A great play by Hossa.

Yeah, I saw that link (and thanks for posting it btw). I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, but I don't think it's conclusive from that angle that Hossa didn't get Dupuis' glove. Based on a bunch of different angles, I feel like he probably did. Since his stick was parallel to the ice, that would have made it a penalty, at least according to how things were called in the regular season.

sure, and if the Pens pick up a few wins back in the 'burgh you Wings fans will be feeling like the series is a little...

too_close_for_comfort.jpg

If the wings get 1 out of 2 in Pittsburgh we could be in for some...

goodtimes.jpg

I am sorry to RyanK but hands down winner is the too close for comfort reference, for now at least!

gimmeabreak.jpg

OPIE!

Crosby is obviously going through

growingpains.jpg

and we've got Nick Lidstrom as

headoftheclass.jpg

I think this makes it obvious that

intheheatofthenight.jpg

We will be victorious!

Plus most of our team is

thirtysomething.jpg

which isn't very old!

So later on this week, I hope to raise my drink and

cheers.jpg

our great

coach.jpg

For the job well done...

>=) Bring it.

All Pens fans are saying in response to this (at least on HFBoards) is that it was a hook, rather than a slash, that they were complaining about. Oddly, Dupuis himself complained about a slash (not a hook) to the media. Whether that was even a hook is highly debatable - whatever Hossa did was incredibly brief (akin to a stick lift rather than a hook). I haven't seen another camera angle.

People blew up because Dupuis' stick broke and now they're trying to save face by calling it a hook.

Kipper really is an idiot.

Bans the guys showing conclusive proof against his own belief, then posts a single frame where Hossa's blade is not in contact with Dupuis, but simply lifting the stick, to prove there was a hook.

IN ORDER FOR HIM TO HOOK DUPUIS HIS BLADE HAS TO BE IN CONTACT WITH HIS MIDSECTION IN ORDER TO PULL HIM BACK. THIS IS COMPLETELY DEBUNKED BY YOUR STILL FRAME.

It's a shame you can't ban the evidence, Kipper. You are able to make yourself look like a total fool.

Kipper really is an idiot.

Bans the guys showing conclusive proof against his own belief, then posts a single frame where Hossa's blade is not in contact with Dupuis, but simply lifting the stick, to prove there was a hook.

IN ORDER FOR HIM TO HOOK DUPUIS HIS BLADE HAS TO BE IN CONTACT WITH HIS MIDSECTION IN ORDER TO PULL HIM BACK. THIS IS COMPLETELY DEBUNKED BY YOUR STILL FRAME.

It's a shame you can't ban the evidence, Kipper. You are able to make yourself look like a total fool.

Yeah it's a shame that I got banned simply for posting evidence. Oh well, at least I got it out there before they noticed my name was "CindysPurse" lol.

If anyone is registered on the Pens board, PLEASE post this. They are losing their s*** over many things, this "slash" right at the top of their hit list. Would be great to just show them this and watch them ******* clam up instantaneously.

After this was posted, now they wish to change the subject. "Oh what we really meant was the hooking non-call". They refuse to lose with dignity. Hilarious!

Yeah it's a shame that I got banned simply for posting evidence. Oh well, at least I got it out there before they noticed my name was "CindysPurse" lol.

HO-LEE CRAP. That board is pure comedy.

Sorry guys, as much as I hate to admit it - there was a penalty on that play. The call should have been made on the HOOK to the hands which Hossa made moments before the stick broke.

If that was a Pens goal - we would be up in arms. The Wings were fortunate there was no penalty on that play - but its all part of the game.

Except that it wasn't a hook. Hossa lifted the stick as Dupuis tryed to play the puck. Dupuis kept pushing down as Hossa held it up. They were stuck like that for a fraction of a second, then they broke apart and I couldn't figure out how the stick broke until this post (Thank you very much, good sir).

You can lift and hold the stick up, and thats what Hossa did, without hooking the end of it around anything.

It was a clear case of excellent defense by a man possessed versus average regular season play resulting in frustration and equipment failure by a man whimpering. Man possessed beats man whimpering everytime.

edit: PennsFan really needs to quit whining about non calls and weird bounces; Pittsburgh didn't even get a single shot by Osgood in Game 2. Brad Stuart inadvertantly dragged the puck by Ozzie.

How did Pitt get to the Finals? By Malkin and Crosby scoring a load of goals. Why is Pitt not going to win the Cup? Because The Wings are not allowing Malkin and Crosby to score a load of goals. Simple as that.

Edited by T.Low

This is what Pierre Mcguire publicly said should have been a penalty? Dear Lord what a freaking joke, if only Datsyuk was on the ice he could have said it was "the wind" that broke the stick.