• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingsfreak42

"Crosby Sucks" chant!

Rate this topic

red wings fans, stop it. you guys were so classy in clapping when franzen took crosby's knee out in game 7.

You sir, are a ******* idiot.

Please show me how Franzen took Crosby's knee out on the play?

Stay classy Ducks fans.

And 87: this isn't your personal "yay my team your team sucks" thread. Stop using it as such.

detroit is kind of an old team. Lidstrom is 39 and Draper, Maltby, Osgood, Chelios and McCarty are old. They have to find a way to replace Lidstrom to maintain their dominance. I don't think they ever will. THere are only a handful of elite defensemen like him around. This is the beginning of the red wings demise.

Chelios and McCarty were pretty much non-factors in the playoffs. McCarty never played, but, Chelios played limited minutes when we were down defensively (and gave me at least one heart attack). Obviously Lidstrom is the biggest loss we'll have to retirement in the next few years. I think our younger players like Abdelkader can take over for role players like Maltby and Draper. If by the beginning of our "demise" you mean a return to the "Dead Wings" era, no way. Not to say we won't have struggles, but this team isn't going to fall apart.

i was actually hoping that the pens and ducks could strike a deal where we "lend" you scott niedermayer and pronger for the series but i guess you didn't need them lol.

detroit is kind of an old team. Lidstrom is 39 and Draper, Maltby, Osgood, Chelios and McCarty are old. They have to find a way to replace Lidstrom to maintain their dominance. I don't think they ever will. THere are only a handful of elite defensemen like him around. This is the beginning of the red wings demise.

Osgood's contract is also up at that year.

As is Luongo's. If the Canucks choke again I have a good feeling Holland will go after Luongo to help fill that cap space?

Keep thinking the Wings are going to fail. I enjoy it when you people have to see Detroit in the playoffs year after year.

Also it is funny that you act like Draper, Maltby, McCarty, and Chelios are important parts of Detroit's team. Helm, Abdelkader, Downey, Ericsson, and others are upgrades from the veterans you listed. Nice try though.

Edited by Doc Holiday

Actually, our average age is just one year older than the Penguins.

So much for being an "old" team, huh? The Wings aren't going anywhere.