• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Blues Buy Out McKee

Rate this topic

via Jeremy Rutherford of the Morning Skate at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch,

The Blues today bought out the final year of defenseman Jay McKee’s contract. McKee was due to make $4 million for the 2009-2010 season, completing a four-year, $16 million contract he signed in 2006.

“I was at the gym and missed some calls,†McKee said. “I saw my agent and Larry Pleau called, so I assumed something was up. It’s not something I expected, especially after my most productive season in St. Louis. But I understand they had a decision to make and I was one of them. …

“The bottom line is, I didn’t fit in their depth chart and my salary was probably a hindrance to their payroll,†McKee added. “They have their reasons and I accept that.â€

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hock..._buy_out_mckee/

Yup, seems like something is up in STL. They have a good team in place, if they could add a high-end player like Heatley or Hossa they could be a real threat.

He seemed to take it in an awesome way btw.

Not sure what you mean here, he was making 4 million and his buyout figure is 2/3 of that.

And, it is spread over the life of the deal. They over paid for McKee at the time. Now, they are having to fix that.

He was overpaid, but he wasn't bad, was he? I thought he was a pretty decent defenseman on their team, not worh 4 million by a long shot, but not useless.

Like others have said- something's coming up in St. Louis.