• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings-fan for life

It might be a stretch but...

Rate this topic

LeftWinger- I post on both here and the Hawks boards. I doubt that you do the same, since there were many grill Walker threads. Walker and Campbell just didn't work as a pairing, and if you look at the poll on who I believe was most overpaid, I went with Walker, because if I was a GM, I'd offer him 1 year, 1 mil topps. Dunno what Lawton was thinking.

Campbell is easily one of the most overpaid players in the league. But let's see how he does this year if Q is smart enough to pair him with Hjalmarsson. Huet is a concern, but I also feel that he has something in him. I think that when you look at the past years that Huet made the playoffs (06, 08- where he had a nice run to lead the Caps to the Southeast, and 09) I think that this is the most talented team Huet has ever been around. So we'll see how that goes.

lol...amen bud. that would be awesome. and a ECF of boston vs. washington. that was what i was hoping for this year. then i wouldn't care who won...as in i would obviously like the wings to win, but the 3 remaining teams would be alot better than the likes of the pens, ducks, etc.

I want a Crosby vs Ovechkin rematch. NEVER was I more entertained by one playoff series than that one. Ovechkin is my guy, so I hope he gets his payback.

LeftWinger- I post on both here and the Hawks boards. I doubt that you do the same, since there were many grill Walker threads. Walker and Campbell just didn't work as a pairing, and if you look at the poll on who I believe was most overpaid, I went with Walker, because if I was a GM, I'd offer him 1 year, 1 mil topps. Dunno what Lawton was thinking.

Campbell is easily one of the most overpaid players in the league. But let's see how he does this year if Q is smart enough to pair him with Hjalmarsson. Huet is a concern, but I also feel that he has something in him. I think that when you look at the past years that Huet made the playoffs (06, 08- where he had a nice run to lead the Caps to the Southeast, and 09) I think that this is the most talented team Huet has ever been around. So we'll see how that goes.

but he's french...

you ever see that show the weakest link??

campbell made his name in buffalo and hasn't been that good since. chicago is a really good, skilled team...so i don't know what the f*** his problem is. maybe his puppy died. personally, chicago is my 2nd favorite team behind the wings, and i may get grilled by some for saying that, and following them is the B's, but the hawks, if they want to win it need huet to play out of his mind. he was kind of a #1 in montreal, but was never really a proven clear cut #1 goalie for an extended time. and as for campbell...he needs a blanket party or something to get his ass going, or they should trade him and get someone who is gonna help the likes of seabrook and keith, who are both top notch d-men.

we'll see how things pan out, but it seems like the same thing that happened to the high flying sabres a couple years ago when they lost drury, briere and campbell may end up happening in the windy city. atleast for the sabres they can't feel too bad because all 3 of them had s***ty years last year all combining for 133 pts. kinda lame for over 20mil combined.

but he's french...

you ever see that show the weakest link??

campbell made his name in buffalo and hasn't been that good since. chicago is a really good, skilled team...so i don't know what the f*** his problem is. maybe his puppy died. personally, chicago is my 2nd favorite team behind the wings, and i may get grilled by some for saying that, and following them is the B's, but the hawks, if they want to win it need huet to play out of his mind. he was kind of a #1 in montreal, but was never really a proven clear cut #1 goalie for an extended time. and as for campbell...he needs a blanket party or something to get his ass going, or they should trade him and get someone who is gonna help the likes of seabrook and keith, who are both top notch d-men.

we'll see how things pan out, but it seems like the same thing that happened to the high flying sabres a couple years ago when they lost drury, briere and campbell may end up happening in the windy city. atleast for the sabres they can't feel too bad because all 3 of them had s***ty years last year all combining for 133 pts. kinda lame for over 20mil combined.

"You are the Weakest Link...Goodbye!"

Those were the days....

Anyway, I was pretty shocked when we signed Huet. Khabibulin aside, Huet did a good job being in net leading the Caps to the southeast and was a good acquisition by George Mcphee. It's not his fault the refs messed up game 7. There is a difference though with the Buffalo analogy. They lost guys, we're getting guys. Cap trouble? Sure. But until Kane, Toews, or Keith depart, I have very little concerns.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

My unrealsitc yet still possible scenario would be to trade Stuart and a mid level draft pick to LA for Jack Johnson and use the cap space to sign Versteeg, who due to bad paperwork, is going to become a ufa.

My unrealsitc yet still possible scenario would be to trade Stuart and a mid level draft pick to LA for Jack Johnson and use the cap space to sign Versteeg, who due to bad paperwork, is going to become a ufa.

I doubt the UFA thing is going to happen. I'm sure they'll get the free pass.