• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HawksFan4Life

Versteeg resigns with Chicago

Rate this topic

Chicago's got a great team on paper, to be sure. Lots of desire now, and with a another year of experience behind them... I just don't see them getting past having Huet as a starting goalie. Maybe he'll end up surprising me, but unless Corey Crawford somehow finds himself, I don't see the Hawks coming close to the Cup.

Toronto had tons of great offense last year too. Check out their goaltending/defensive game.

That may be all fine when playing a team that doesn't shoot the puck often, but what's the plan when facing a team that does shoot from everywhere inside the blueline with somebody parked in front of him? And in all honesty your D is good, but not great.

It's not great yet. Maybe some of you will flame me, but when Lidstrom retires, I think Keith is going to be in the running for the Norris for a long time. Campbell is an offensive defenseman, but Barker has stepped up. As far as Hammer goes, we shall see what he does in his first full season.

Also, you may have your doubts about Corey Crawford and Cristobal Huet.

But in 1986, didn't people have doubts about Patrick Roy?

In 2006, (Yes I know Gerber was the regular season goalie) but with the Canes down 2-0, who thought they could win against Montreal with an unproven rookie, much less win the cup?

How about 2009? Despite losing in the 2nd round, Simeon Varlamov made some of the best saves I have seen in my life, and played very nicely aside from that game 7.

My point is, though young unproven rookies are few and far in between, it is not impossible to go somewhere with Crawford or Niemi is Huet doesn't improve.

I think Tallon knows what he's doing. There's no way he's making all these moves without a plan. The Blackhawks don't want to lose all their key players and go back to where they were 4 years ago and lose their fanbase again.