• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
webwing91

San Antonio?

Rate this topic

Is it just me, or is San Antonio getting ridiculously loaded? The Coyotes have sent down Spina, Maclean, Turris, Tikhonov, Porter, and even Boedker now. Thats in addition to already having Hoggan, Kolarik, Ahnelov and several decent players on the team and being the AHL affiliate of the Ducks as well. Next year I'm thinking they get Summers from Michigan, and Ekman-Larrson as well. Thats a pretty loaded AHL team, with 3 players having a full NHL season under their belts.

They're a very good side, loaded with offensive talent. Sullivan hasn't done anything since being drafted, not even sure if he's still in their plans or whether he's contracted, but he's off to a great start. Why isn't Turris with Phoenix? Really high draft pick, spent a season in the NHL, why not give him another? Tikhonov is a pretty good prospect too. They'll be a strong side this year. Key is to peak at the right time though, they could stand to lose a few of these guys throughout the year just as Grand Rapids did last season. Although I doubt Phoenix goes as far as Deroit did...

They're a very good side, loaded with offensive talent. Sullivan hasn't done anything since being drafted, not even sure if he's still in their plans or whether he's contracted, but he's off to a great start. Why isn't Turris with Phoenix? Really high draft pick, spent a season in the NHL, why not give him another? Tikhonov is a pretty good prospect too. They'll be a strong side this year. Key is to peak at the right time though, they could stand to lose a few of these guys throughout the year just as Grand Rapids did last season. Although I doubt Phoenix goes as far as Deroit did...

Turris is too small. Needs to mature, the Coyotes are going to have to have a lot of injuries before he gets called up this season. Boedker is prettymuch an NHL player, just Phoenix got so many players over the summer, it was a waste to keep him on the fourth line and stunt his development. Porter is probably second to get called up after Boedker. Great two way skills from the UM alum, very finished. Nearly ready to make the jump. After that I'd say Maclean and Spina are probably more ready, but they will probably call one of Tikhonov or Turris up first because of their high draft status. Still, with the exception of Boedker and Porter, not likely many of them will see much NHL time this season. Ahenelov could get called up if there is an injury on defense later in the year. There just isn't any space on the NHL roster.

Turris is too small. Needs to mature, the Coyotes are going to have to have a lot of injuries before he gets called up this season. Boedker is prettymuch an NHL player, just Phoenix got so many players over the summer, it was a waste to keep him on the fourth line and stunt his development. Porter is probably second to get called up after Boedker. Great two way skills from the UM alum, very finished. Nearly ready to make the jump. After that I'd say Maclean and Spina are probably more ready, but they will probably call one of Tikhonov or Turris up first because of their high draft status. Still, with the exception of Boedker and Porter, not likely many of them will see much NHL time this season. Ahenelov could get called up if there is an injury on defense later in the year. There just isn't any space on the NHL roster.

Most of those players are on the team in NHL 10, and since I was drafted by Phoenix taht's the team I played for in the AHL. Playing for Phoenix sucked, but playing on San Antonio was fun. We mopped up. ;)

Of course, that's not real so it doesn't help this discussion much, heh.