• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WpgMikos

What does having only 9,100 fans look like?

Rate this topic

Again, AGAIN, people don't have as much money to spend. Even in affluent cities, a hockey game is a luxury and often an expensive one. In lean times, those are the costs families cut out first.

It's sad what's happening in Phoenix. I feel for the die hards. It sucks that they could lose their team.

Again, AGAIN, people don't have as much money to spend. Even in affluent cities, a hockey game is a luxury and often an expensive one. In lean times, those are the costs families cut out first.

It's sad what's happening in Phoenix. I feel for the die hards. It sucks that they could lose their team.

There was a pretty good article today in the Arizona Republic today talking about how all the professional sports teams in Arizona have been suffering in the current economy.

Every professional sports team in metro Phoenix, along with Arizona State University’s football team and the annual Fiesta Bowl, has had trouble selling tickets this year as growing unemployment and declining wages are keeping fans home.

Teams have been forced to try promotions once considered unthinkable as the drop in attendance cuts deeper into revenue and costs jobs. For example, the Phoenix Suns saw their 153-game streak of sellouts at US Airways Center end Nov. 1, and a few days later the team laid off about 10 percent of its workforce.

My thought is that it just seems that the Coyotes have too much against them right now if teams like the Suns and Cardinals are having problems. Without knowing when the economy will improve how long can the Yotes survive in the desert without any water?

Rather than start an entire new thread, I figured I'd leave the Yotes topic alone hoping the crowds would pick up. Well they haven't. A buddy of mine took in last night's Coyotes/Flames game and took pictures which really shouldn't come as a big surprise. The announced crowd was 9868 (season average is 9911) but as can be seen from the pictures, that seems generous. He paid $40 for center ice box seats. $40!!!!

Phoenix-Crowd-1-300x225.jpg

What are the chances Coyotes remain in Phoenix past this season?

Edited by WpgMikos