• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Blackhawks vs. Oilers

Rate this topic

Guest Blackhawkdown
You're team won back-to-back against a couple of bottom feeders and already rallying for a cup parade? Nice.

I'll eat crow for predicting a win for a bottom feeding team if you are sure to come back to eat crow when Chicago get's knocked out of the playoffs.

1961 :D

You can keep on acting like you are "unimpressed" by this Hawk team, and the Hawks will just keep winning games and adding to their division lead.

And I never said we were locks to win the Stanley Cup, I just know that the Hawks are a serious threat this year, and even though you keep telling yourself their not so you can sleep better at night, that doesnt make it so.

Guest Blackhawkdown
Had the Hawk lost, the 'blackhawkdown' troll wouldn't have come over to the red wings forum to bump a thread that was fizzled out on page 2. I stated above, I'll eat crow for Hawks winning back-to-back against bottom feeders. But I expect that poster to be on LGW's after Hawks get knocked out of the playoffs. I doubt he'll show face when they lose.

Coming to a Wings forum to bump a thread on pg 2 seems desperate, hence this Hawks' fan is already planning the parade party. I don't sniff around opposition boards, so I can't understand why they hang out.

Hell, maybe blackhawks don't even have a forum, it's been like 50 years since they won anything. Maybe Bettman should award you guys with a message forum since you won back-to-back games against bottom feeders.

Get.r.done.bettman. Give these Hawkies their own, personal message forum. They won a game and deserve it now.

Edit: 50 years since hawks won anything, not 40 years.

wow, you really are worried about the Hawks haha

Guest Shoreline
Ah remember the good old days when Blackhawk fans didn't exist. AKA 3 years ago. Now they're all over these boards.

So true. I bet all these new fans have been hardcore since 1875. :ph34r:

wow, you really are worried about the Hawks haha

Nah. You guys have Huet, Campbell, Quinville, Seabrook, Kopecky, no-show Hossa (when it matters) and a s*** load of baggage and drama. Nothing to worry about, really. Are you going to show face and eat crow after Hawks lose in the playoffs again? I bet you tuck-n-run and avoid LGW.

I understand that you are happy that you finally have a team worth cheering for after 50-some-years, but to think Wings (or their fans) are worried is just plain egotistical on your part. Chicago has proved nothing.

Serious question, does Chicago Blackhawks have a message forum? I do think the Blackhawks deserve a message forum of their own. (not that I would sign up to brag everytime Red Wings win a game)

I wouldn't get too cocky and break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back just yet though... Red Wings are only 6 points back with a game in hand, and they're keeping it this tight with nearly an AHL lineup and depth.

Guest Blackhawkdown

I have been a fan of the Blackhawks since 1995, its about freakin time they give me something to be excited about.

Detroit has dominated long enough, you now have some company.

Nah. You guys have Huet, Campbell, Quinville, Seabrook, Kopecky, no-show Hossa (when it matters) and a s*** load of baggage and drama. Nothing to worry about, really. Are you going to show face and eat crow after Hawks lose in the playoffs again? I bet you tuck-n-run and avoid LGW.

I understand that you are happy that you finally have a team worth cheering for after 50-some-years, but to think Wings (or their fans) are worried is just plain egotistical on your part. Chicago has proved nothing.

Serious question, does Chicago Blackhawks have a message forum? I do think the Blackhawks deserve a message forum of their own. (not that I would sign up to brag everytime Red Wings win a game)

I wouldn't get too cocky and break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back just yet though... Red Wings are only 6 points back with a game in hand, and they're keeping it this tight with nearly an AHL lineup and depth.

Woah, what? I'd kill to have Seabrook on this team.

First of all... Kopecky is NOT playing well... at all. He has 3 points in 20 games (before tonights game) and is a -6. Not to mention the amount they are paying him for this production. He is playing worse than he did on the wings, which is saying a LOT. Good riddance.

I already noted that the hawks are playing well without hossa... but still, I am not convinced they are as good of a team as people are saying (though as i already mentioned, they ARE playing well at the moment). So when he returns, all bets are off.

Their defense is essentially the same as it was last year, but with far weaker goaltending. Their young forwards are maturing, but for as good as Kane is getting offensely, it almost seems he is getting worse defensively. Also, the Hawks have one of the most lackluster special teams game in the league. They box up and stay stationary, an outdated approach to the PP or PK.

I predict this will be a very streaky team all season, currently they are on a hot streak, but I don't see it continuing on a consistent basis. Maybe I'm just jealous/biased, but that's just my take on it.

Time out. Have you watched a Hawks game? Kane has beena monster on the forecheck and defense. HE came back bigger, stronger, faster, and actually plays defense. His defense has resulted into many og his own goals and the teams. If you are going to say something then at least have truth behind it. Im a hawks fan yes, but I can respect that the Wings are talented and still a very dangerous team. Half the time I come on here its to give you guys grief because well you've been good all this time and we are just now getting there. I know the Wings are a good team...Im not gonna make up crap like Zetterberg sucks on defense. Back to the subject tho..Kane is a pretty good player on both sides now and Huet has shown he can play.

Seabrook is a top 10 d-man and a shot at team canada and that guy is saying hes bad...cmon now. Use your head.

Edited by Nicklin3011

So.... blackhawks really don't have a message board? There's like 5 of them running around here. Maybe Matt could add on a Blackhawks board to LGWs until Bettman decides Hawks are good enough and deserve their own message forum. Just a thought.

And I never said that I don't like Seabrook. I love him! He helped us make it to the finals last year. I love players that contribute significant goals for the Wings! I hope he does play for team Canada, because I'm rooting for USA.

EDIT:

If Seabrook is a top 10 then Kronwall should be the top 3 in the league. His best season was 07/08 playing only 65 games with 35 points and +25 (in 2009 Kronwall had 51 points). In comparison, Seabrook's best year was last year with 82 games played and only 26 points with a +23.

I'll take Kronwall any day of the week.

Edited by Miller Brew

Guest Blackhawkdown
So.... blackhawks really don't have a message board? There's like 5 of them running around here. Maybe Matt could add on a Blackhawks board to LGWs until Bettman decides Hawks are good enough and deserve their own message forum. Just a thought.

And I never said that I don't like Seabrook. I love him! He helped us make it to the finals last year. I love players that contribute significant goals for the Wings! I hope he does play for team Canada, because I'm rooting for USA.

EDIT:

If Seabrook is a top 10 then Kronwall should be the top 3 in the league. His best season was 07/08 playing only 65 games with 35 points and +25 (in 2009 Kronwall had 51 points). In comparison, Seabrook's best year was last year with 82 games played and only 26 points with a +23.

I'll take Kronwall any day of the week.

Yes we have a message board, but its fun sometimes to come on a board and see what rival fans are saying.

I think its ridiculous that some people on here (like you) cant even give the Hwks credit where credit is due. They are on a 7 game winning streak, with wins over good teams like Colorado, Calgary and San Jose. They have a 15-5-2 record and dont even have one of their top scorers playing yet. If this team doesnt impress you at all then what exactly do they have to do to impress you? And dont say win the cup or any nonsense like that. Their first playoff appearance in forever and they made it all the way to the WC finals, thats pretty impressive. And this season they have played really well and have wins over some pretty good teams.

I just dont get fans who cant give another team credit because they dont like them, or because they are a rival team. I have no problem saying Detroit has been the best run organization in the sport since I have been watching hockey, they have been unbelievable.

Yes we have a message board, but its fun sometimes to come on a board and see what rival fans are saying.

I think its ridiculous that some people on here (like you) cant even give the Hwks credit where credit is due. They are on a 7 game winning streak, with wins over good teams like Colorado, Calgary and San Jose. They have a 15-5-2 record and dont even have one of their top scorers playing yet. If this team doesnt impress you at all then what exactly do they have to do to impress you? And dont say win the cup or any nonsense like that. Their first playoff appearance in forever and they made it all the way to the WC finals, thats pretty impressive. And this season they have played really well and have wins over some pretty good teams.

I just dont get fans who cant give another team credit because they dont like them, or because they are a rival team. I have no problem saying Detroit has been the best run organization in the sport since I have been watching hockey, they have been unbelievable.

Dude, If read the thread you'll see that I already wrote 3 or 4 times that I recognize Hawks are playing good hockey right now. What else do you want me to say/do? Do you want me to come help set up their cup parade now that they won 7 games? Should I be jumping around screaming "Hawks are the champs, Hawks are the champs"?

I don't even get this excited when Wings win 7 game (or even 9 or 12 games in a row), it's just what good hockey teams are suppose to do. If I blew a wad everytime Wings go on 7 or 9 game winning streaks, I'd be beyond sterile. They do it every freakin' year.

That said, I actually do predict (now that the Wings have all these key injuries now and don't have the fire power stop them) that San Jose, Caps or Chicago will win the Presidents trophy. But when playoffs starts, we'll see who's really the men and the boys.

So you claim that Blackhawks do have their own board.... Do many Red Wings' fans go over there and demand attention everytime Wings win a game?

Why do Hawk fans chant "Detroit Sucks" when they're playing other teams (not even playing the Red Wings)? I don't get your fans' obsession that they continuously need their ego stroked after they win a game. They seek such extra attention that they travel to random hockey message boards to demand praise like their team is something special... A lot of teams go on winning streaks. Their fans don't travel to other forums to demand praise for it (except maybe Penguins).

Capitals are playing the best hockey I think they have ever seen... yet their fans aren't over here asking for praise. Mhmmm.

I don't get Chi-fans mentality, I guess.

Maybe a cookie.gif would be appropriate. Dude, your team is the bestestest in the wholes wides worldzzzz... never have I EVER seen such a good teams and yours... they are the worldzzzz bestestestestssss everzzzz!!!!

Better?

I can't really blame them for coming here. I think we have more Blackhawks threads than any other hockey forum on the internet. Every couple days we have a new thread dedicated to Chicago. That's why I always laugh when guys on here b*tch about Hawks fans posting on this board and saying they're insecure yet we're the ones starting threads about another team, mostly just to rip on them. I doubt you'll see a bunch of Wings threads on their boards.

I can't really blame them for coming here. I think we have more Blackhawks threads than any other hockey forum on the internet. Every couple days we have a new thread dedicated to Chicago. That's why I always laugh when guys on here b*tch about Hawks fans posting on this board and saying they're insecure yet we're the ones starting threads about another team, mostly just to rip on them. I doubt you'll see a bunch of Wings threads on their boards.

That's not true. Just a couple weeks ago there was like 4 active Penguin related topics on pg 1. This thread was dead and on page 2 or 3. Guess who bumped it... You guessed it, a Chicago fan.

I found out why they come here, it's because their forum doesn't get much traffic and it appears to be dead over there. But on their first page they do have two active Wings threads.

The come here because they want to praise. Pure and simple.

EDIT: Lol. Hawk fans even chant "Detroit Sucks" when they are playing other teams, not the Wings. Lol. I never heard anything like that at the Joe. Chanting "________ Sucks" while playing a different team. haha

Edited by Miller Brew

Yeah, Hawks fans would never talk about the Wings. Oh wait:

http://fans.blackhawks.nhl.com/topic/27116...-it-happen.html

http://fans.blackhawks.nhl.com/topic/26802...attendance.html

Somehow calling Detroit "Detoilet" is supposed to be clever, I think.

lol I guess I stand corrected. Can't really say we're any better though.

Really? Wings don't chant "Chicago Sucks" while at a Wings/Rangers game, for example. Atleast not that I know of. Can you point out of Wings' fans chanting "___ sucks" while playing a different team? I'd love for you to show it to me if it does exist. I've been at the Joe before and I watch every game on tv. I have never heard Wings fans chant against a team they are not playing, ever.

Edited by Miller Brew

Really? Wings don't chant "Chicago Sucks" while at a Wings/Rangers game, for example. Atleast not that I know of. Can you point out of Wings' fans chanting "___ sucks" while playing a different team? I'd love for you to show it to me if it does exist. I've been at the Joe before and I watch every game on tv. I have never heard Wings fans chant against a team they are not playing, ever.

You do throw handfuls of change at opposing teams benches and injure coaches. But, yeah, other than that, detroit fans are perfect in every way.

You do throw handfuls of change at opposing teams benches and injure coaches. But, yeah, other than that, detroit fans are perfect in every way.

That thug, 20-cent'er-Kane would love it if that happen! Hell, he'd punch his own coach in the mouth then go beat up an old guy in a wheel chair for it. ;)

Edited by Miller Brew

Time out. Have you watched a Hawks game? Kane has beena monster on the forecheck and defense. HE came back bigger, stronger, faster, and actually plays defense. His defense has resulted into many og his own goals and the teams. If you are going to say something then at least have truth behind it. Im a hawks fan yes, but I can respect that the Wings are talented and still a very dangerous team. Half the time I come on here its to give you guys grief because well you've been good all this time and we are just now getting there. I know the Wings are a good team...Im not gonna make up crap like Zetterberg sucks on defense. Back to the subject tho..Kane is a pretty good player on both sides now and Huet has shown he can play.

Seabrook is a top 10 d-man and a shot at team canada and that guy is saying hes bad...cmon now. Use your head.

Time in. Yes, I've watched nearly every hawks game, and if you'll refer to my post the first thing I said about Kane was that he got immensely better through this season and the playoffs. However, he still stands around defensively, and on many occasions causes turnovers, many of which lead to goals. I'm not going fishing on youtube, but I remember one particularly humorous one against Samuelsson and the Canucks this season. Just because a player has improved offensively does not mean that he has become a defensive force as well.

Im kinda with Miller Brew on this one... how many of you hawks fans are lurking in the depths of LGW? I know for a fact there are hawks forums.

Guest Blackhawkdown
I found out why they come here, it's because their forum doesn't get much traffic and it appears to be dead over there. But on their first page they do have two active Wings threads.

Actually,

Blackhawks Board - 29,654 members

http://fans.blackhawks.nhl.com/directory

Redwings Board - 7,236 members

So yeah, you are pretty much wrong again, just like your "prediction".

Guest Shoreline
Actually,

Yeah, 7,200 members over a span of 7+ years. Brilliant! Or maybe this forum has undergone several pruning/account deletion phases:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27802

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44053

If you want to have an e-peen contest over an internet forum, you might want to start with this:

Blackhawks forum: Most Ever: 460 On Oct 12, 2009

Red Wings forum: Most users ever online was 1546 on May 16, 2007 - 07:01PM

Notice how barely a month ago your forum got a peak of 460 users. *sings* Hail to the band-wagon, band-wagon, band-wagon.

Phail.

-------------

Edit: Oh, and..

Red Wings forum currently online: 146 guests, 54 members, 3 anonymous members (total of 203)

Blackhawks forum currently online: 88 guests, 23 members, 0 anonymous members (total of 111)

Phail twice.

Edited by Shoreline

Actually,

Umm, okay.

Blackhawks board = Active Users:* 96 Total / *19 Registered Users / *77 Guests / *0 Anonymous / *Most Ever: 460 On Oct 2009

Red Wings board = 382 Members Online For Monday, November 23, 2009 / 212 user(s) active in the past 30 minutes / *Most Ever online: 1546 on May 2007

Not my fault Blackhawks' board software has a spam problem that allows fake users to sign up. Lol. Only 19 registered users? Your board is dead.