• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

XxGoWingsxX

Anyone tired of the officiating?

Rate this topic

I knew the NHL was going downhill anyways, but man, after watching some of these videos I can't help but cringe. Especially watching that Brad May goal considering he's the only regular Wing who doesn't have a goal. Something needs to get done.

I recently received a reply which, for lack of better explanation basically told me that no such things ever happen and that they would like to see conclusive video evidence.

Their Association is in total denial; exhibit A, as always, from ESPN :

You have to know the difference between abuse and emotion. Emotion is good for the game. Do we make mistakes? Yes. Do we make more mistakes than the players? No.

-- NHL referee Dan O'Halloran

For these blown calls... this is where the "war room" HAS To be able to tell the Ref whether its a goal or not...

They really need to fix the rules and remove this silly "Intent" to blow the whistle crap.

as well... If theres a pattern if its the Same ref same team... the NHL really should look into it and do some disciplinary actions.

From time to time, you hear NFL Refs or NBA refs get fined/suspended... But I cannot recall hearing ANYTHING at all regarding NHL Refs.

Most I've seen... yes it was my mistake excuses... but come on... thats not enough, more needs to be done.

Edited by Redwings85