• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Quarterfinals

Rate this topic

So, is there going to be a thread for the CAN vs USA womens gold medal game, or are you a bunch of misogynists? :D

No, but all us Canadians are xenophobic for what Milbury said on NBC. Follow? :ph34r:

Tonight's game (and the Bronze game) are the only women's games worth watching this year.

Belarus has better coaching than Sweden. If Sweden had someone with an IQ higher than a monkey behind the bench the chances of them advancing would be much higher.

The newspaper's had a look at it now. Couple of things;

• After two quick and fairly fluky goals in 37 secs Slovakia pulls the whole team behind the red line. It is impossible to play through. Sweden comes back in another 37 secs, but continues to try to play through the mid zone and consequently gives up yet another goal on the counter-attack. Coaching change? Dump and chase maybe? Use Z, Backstrom, Sedins, Foppa, Franzen, Alfredsson down low, put some pressure on? Nope. No change whole game. Another goal is given up, in exactly the same way.

• Only Weinhandl had less TOI than the Sedins among forwards in this game (a whooping 8 mins through the first two periods). Is it just me, or is Henrik Sedin second in league scoring? Let's not play him.

• After a good shift by the Sedins and Foppa in the last two minutes, the final shift and push is given to defensive center Sammy Pahlsson, Tallinder and, yes, Weinhandl (the guy they played the least the whole game). Honestly, what was BAG thinking here?

I'm sorry but what the ******* f*** happened here? I'm very disappointed.

Guest Crymson
The newspaper's had a look at it now. Couple of things;

• After two quick and fairly fluky goals in 37 secs Slovakia pulls the whole team behind the red line. It is impossible to play through. Sweden comes back in another 37 secs, but continues to try to play through the mid zone and consequently gives up yet another goal on the counter-attack. Coaching change? Dump and chase maybe? Use Z, Backstrom, Sedins, Foppa, Franzen, Alfredsson down low, put some pressure on? Nope. No change whole game. Another goal is given up, in exactly the same way.

• Only Weinhandl had less TOI than the Sedins among forwards in this game (a whooping 8 mins through the first two periods). Is it just me, or is Henrik Sedin second in league scoring? Let's not play him.

• After a good shift by the Sedins and Foppa in the last two minutes, the final shift and push is given to defensive center Sammy Pahlsson, Tallinder and, yes, Weinhandl (the guy they played the least the whole game). Honestly, what was BAG thinking here?

I'm sorry but what the ******* f*** happened here? I'm very disappointed.

It's mind-boggling. I have no idea what he was thinking.

VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Nicklas Lidstrom, one of the most accomplished defensemen in hockey history, says his Olympics career for Sweden is over.

The 39-year-old, six-time Norris Trophy winner with the Detroit Red Wings said: “I’m not going to be a part of any more Olympics.”

Sweden was upset by Slovakia, 4-3, late Wednesday night in the quarterfinals of the Vancouver Games.

Lidstrom is one of six players who are 31 or older on the Swedish team that was the defending Olympics champion.

It isn't like Lidstrom to speak so succinctly. I suspect that he was furious over the coaching job. From the arrogance inherent in how the coach ran things on the ice, I imagine he probably completely ignored the input of everyone on the team---including Lidstrom, one of the better leaders and defensemen ever to play the game.

This coach was a total tool. What a moron.

Edited by Crymson

We had some of our best moments as Wings fans with Dave Lewis as an assistant coach. :sly:

However, we were swept out of the first round and then unable to advance past round 2 with him as head coach. He was a good assistant coach, but not good head coach material. He was too friendly with the players and not as discipline oriented.