New Orleans Chris

Hi all... new to hockey...

Rate this topic

Players to watch.

13 Pavel Datsyuk

40 Henrik Zetterberg

5 Niklas Lidstrom

93 Johan "The Mule" Franzen

These are our "superstars". Some might not consider Franzen a superstar but I definitely do.

Thanks Zettie. This is the kind of stuff I need to know. I'll try to watch more to pick up on the in-game rules.

No problem Chris. Every game day on these boards there is a game day talk where usually you can find an online stream to watch the game. Best place to learn.

No problem Chris. Every game day on these boards there is a game day talk where usually you can find an online stream to watch the game. Best place to learn.

cool... that'll save me quite a bit of money.

(Can I say this yet) Go Wings!

(excuse my Southern politeness- it's ingrained).

also, another important question- are there are a lot of women on these boards? The Saints site I have been going to has been overrun with 'em, and I just want to get an idea of how straight I get to shoot here.

Yes there are. Not a lot but there are. They are all very cool though.

Wings winning the Stanley Cup in 1998 for fallen teammate Vladimir Konstantinov.

starting to see what you all (ouch) were talking about with Yzerman. I've heard of Gordie Howe, and looking at Yzerman's stats lined up next to his, it looks like I really did miss out on something special.

Some must watch Wings moments....

Stevie Y...Game 7 Double OT goal, 1996 Conference Semifinals

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

also, another important question- are there are a lot of women on these boards? The Saints site I have been going to has been overrun with 'em, and I just want to get an idea of how straight I get to shoot here.

I've found that hitting on them works quite well.

:D

thanks for the videos guys. I'm not "feeling it" yet, but I'm sure I will in time. really looking forward to watching more hockey.

Steven Yzerman is a legend. The big thing you need to know about him is that he showed up huge for big games, he led by example, and a lot of times he played better than other players despite playing on a bum knee and countless other injuries. He's among the greatest ever in pro sports.

But don't worry so much about the history of the Wings. That will come. They are such a historic franchise that each game you watch you'll be told about a lot of the great history. They've broken so many records, won so many trophies, had so many legends, you'll catch on really quick.

You couldn't have picked a better team to follow, despite their current struggles. One mediocre year out of 20 isn't bad at all. And the team seems to be turning it up a notch of late. Expect a huge end of season push for playoffs, and then once playoffs start you'll be REALLY entertained. The Red Wings play their best in the playoffs.

looking forward to rooting for a consistently good team. 43 years wait with the Saints was long enough.

It's a good thing you aren't going to hope for the Maple Leaf's then. lol

They are all married.

What?!?!? I was told the internet was solely for meeting chicks, dames, betty's, you know, girls. I am extremely dissapointed now. I feel betrayed.

Welcome to the damn forum! Hope you like it!

Yes, I do but the Leafs will never win another cup. So it's probably good he does not go for the Leafs.

So do you think they will go longer than the Rangers? I don't know if Buttman will allow it. Unless of course Cindy actually does stay in s***sburg that long.