Guest mindfly

Red Wings:

Datsyuk

Franzen

Zetterberg

Sabres:

Derek Roy

Edited by mindfly

sorry about the late response guys.... im gonna start adding up all the points right now! great game tonite! just outta curiosity... was i the only one who thought datsyuk didnt look himself tonite? he scored a goal and everything, but he seemed to be a little bit behind. maybe its just me though. anyways, im gonna start adding points up right now!

Ok here we go, i broke down the stats for every eligible player from both teams, and showed how many points they earned based on the scale i made in the rules. Here is how players from both teams did:

Detroit:

Andreas Lilja: 1

Nicklas Lidstrom: 5

Dan Cleary: 1

Pavel Datsyuk: 5

Patrick Eaves: 8

Drew Miller: 4

Brett Lebda: 1

Brad Stuart: 4

Brian Rafalski: 7

Jason Williams: 2

Kris Draper: 2

Henrik Zetterberg: 7

Darren Helm: 3

Todd Bertuzzi: 1

Valterri Filppula: 0

Niklas Kronwall: 5

Johan Franzen: 4

Tomas Holmstrom: 1

Buffalo:

Steve Montador: 0

Toni Lydman: 0

Derek Roy: 2

Henrik Tallinder: 1

Tim Kennedy: 2

Rafi Torres: 1

Tim Connolly: 9

Adam Mair: 0

Mike Grier: -1

Thomas Vanek: 3

Paul Gaustad: 0

Jason Pominville: 7

Patrick Kaleta: 1

Matt Ellis: 2

Andrej Sekera: 1

Craig Rivet: -1

Jochen Hecht: 16

Tyler Myers: 4

Now here are the scores for everyone who played:

1. SaCkaveli20: 27

2. Wingsdiehard13: 25

2. Howard He Do It: 25

2. MCleveland89: 25

3. skyphoenix: 23

3. BamaWing: 23

4. VanDer: 22

4. Wingsalltheway: 22

5.Wings7: 21

5. Rubble_die_Katz: 21

6. T-Ruff: 20

7. P. Marlowe: 19

7. germanwing: 19

7. cjm502: 19

7. Marty Barry: 19

7. Greatness=PavelDatsyuk: 19

8. Mindfly: 18

9. GSBrooks13: 17

9. Wingsequallife13: 17

9. b. shanafan14: 17

9. bulletoobinary: 17

10.Jamaica Jon: 16

10. Hockeymom1960: 16

10. CupChamps979802: 16

10. SeeinRed: 16

11. shaeb30: 15

11. Konnan511:15

11. GoWings1905:15

11. Jericho613: 15

11. pjgj: 15

11. 55fan: 15

12. Wings_Rule_1010: 14

12. #19=Legend: 14

13. Casey: 13

13. Green Wing: 13

14. AIK'91: 6

15. McAwesome: 4 (you picked Stafford for the Sabres, and he did not play)

So, what does everyone think? Too bad nobody picked Jochen Hecht! i wont lie... it took a little longer than i thought it would to add up the scores... but i think its fun! i was thinking we should add a couple more stats into the equation... such as a point for every shot blocked, points for PIM, hits... things that arent completely associated with offense. Otherwise the only obvious choices are Z, dats, homer, franzen.... the obvious offensive guys. what do you guys think about this?

Also, i dont think it happened, but if i missed any entries, or if anyone finds an error in the math, just let me know and i will fix it!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Yay 1st!

Seems pretty fun, I think the way we're doing it now is fine. If you'd like to add more stats in, then maybe 1 game a week would be better?

Whatever we decide, I'm sure participation will grow.

Or perhaps pick 3 Red Wings for the week and pick one player from each opponent team that they play against for that week. The 3 Red Wings players you choose would stay the same for the week but the opponent player you choose would obviously change for each game that week.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

So, what does everyone think? Too bad nobody picked Jochen Hecht! i wont lie... it took a little longer than i thought it would to add up the scores... but i think its fun! i was thinking we should add a couple more stats into the equation... such as a point for every shot blocked, points for PIM, hits... things that arent completely associated with offense. Otherwise the only obvious choices are Z, dats, homer, franzen.... the obvious offensive guys. what do you guys think about this?

Also, i dont think it happened, but if i missed any entries, or if anyone finds an error in the math, just let me know and i will fix it!

I agree with this. Point values need to be higher for certain categories in order to entice the player to pick outside of the usual Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, etc. player tyes. If the point values for HT and BS are too low, no one will choose the players that are regularly associated with those categories.

New scoring categories and suggested point values:

Penalties In Minutes (PIM): 1 point for each penalty minute

Hits (HT): 1 point for each hit

Blocked Shots (BS): 3 points for each blocked shot

This would create 7 scoring categories: G, A, SOG, +/-, PIM, HT, BS

Guest mindfly

I never understood why PIM is considered a good thing, putting your team on PK tripple the risk of getting scored on, what's the good thing about that?

THey always list it when talking about great players, sort of like; "with 580goals 900assists ANDDDDD 1440PIM he was one of the greatest of his generation blabla"

PIM are baaaaaaaaaad unless you're an enforcer imo.

Edited by mindfly

I agree with this. Point values need to be higher for certain categories in order to entice the player to pick outside of the usual Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, etc. player tyes. If the point values for HT and BS are too low, no one will choose the players that are regularly associated with those categories.

New scoring categories and suggested point values:

Penalties In Minutes (PIM): 1 point for each penalty minute

Hits (HT): 1 point for each hit

Blocked Shots (BS): 3 points for each blocked shot

This would create 7 scoring categories: G, A, SOG, +/-, PIM, HT, BS

I like it. how would we feel about a point for every takeaway, and negative for every giveaway?

sorry about the late response guys.... im gonna start adding up all the points right now! great game tonite! just outta curiosity... was i the only one who thought datsyuk didnt look himself tonite? he scored a goal and everything, but he seemed to be a little bit behind. maybe its just me though. anyways, im gonna start adding points up right now!

I completely agree. Besides his goal he did not do very well last night. He took a penalty, and had 2 or 3 dangerous turnovers. His dangles didnt do all that well either. The man has been on fire lately, perhaps he decided to take the night off.

I completely agree. Besides his goal he did not do very well last night. He took a penalty, and had 2 or 3 dangerous turnovers. His dangles didnt do all that well either. The man has been on fire lately, perhaps he decided to take the night off.

23 points and 4 off the lead. I think this is pretty sweet. Hopefully this keeps up

Also with the next game, will we keep a running total of points or clean slate each game?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I like it. how would we feel about a point for every takeaway, and negative for every giveaway?

That sounds good too.