1330 replies to this topic

#1161 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

Correct me if im wrong but I think we had a whopping 2Powerplays this game <_<

While I still feel the sharks got away with a lot of stuff that the wings didnt. I cant say thats what lost us the game. We blew a two goal lead in the final period. Let in a soft goal, played a soft 3rd period and Ericsson sucks.

Thats why we really lost this game.

We had 1 PP and 1 PS. That said, all the non-calls where Sharks should have received a penalty ultimately would have made a huge difference!

#1162 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

i pretty much lost confidence in howard too. kick ass season but damn what happened in the playoffs

#1163 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Help us Ozzie.

You're our only hope.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1164 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Babcock scratched Lilja instead of Ericsson.

Nice move Mike. :rolleyes:

Lilja and Lebda are a much better pairing.

this x 99999999999999999
they have history/chemistry playing together. i was a bit baffled by it especially after all the chasing that is being done with E on the ice.

#1165 PenaltyShot 96

PenaltyShot 96

Youth Movement

• HoF Booster
  • 1,389 posts

That third period...awful. I have never shouted so many obscenities at my own team. I'm trying to keep the faith, Wings, but you're making it reaaaally difficult. Babcock is probably melting faces in the locker room right now.

Can we win 4 in a row? If we played like we did in the first period every second of every game, yes. I know it's a waste of time to cry over spilled milk, but that first Zetterberg goal...
"That's what happens when Downey walks into a room...things die."

#1166 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Good night all. Ill be back for game 4, but dunno how many of you guys will be there.
Been fun watching hockey with you again this season. I think next season will be great!
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#1167 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

I do wonder why it is that Ericsson is so dumb on the ice. He just can't seem to keep his wits about him.

Also, Jimmy Howard will never be a franchise goaltender and this season was probably just some "miracle season" for him. He will never be better than Ozzie was.

This seems rather premature. Making comments when angry often isn't a good idea.

#1168 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

They won't even get a nice pick... they will get like a 22-23rd pick in the 1st round

We can take solace in Ndamukong Suh and Jahvid Best leading us to the promised land

#1169 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,282 posts

Are the Sharks more than the Red Wings bargained for?

Are just another notch in their best post?

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#1170 UP Wings Fan

UP Wings Fan

UP Wings Fan

• Pip
  • 64 posts

No I graduate next year. Exactly why go away from your game plan when it was working. Seen a puck go right up the middle and not one wing tried to dive for it, to make a play to get it out of the zone. Some of these players don't even want to put their body on the line to block a shot.

Yeah I hear you, they have lost heart. Perhaps it is those long term contracts Holland is signing these guys to! They've won the cup, they have all the money they need, nothing left to play for!

Good luck in your final year at Tech!

#1171 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

Anyone who thinks that Howard didn't lose this game for Detroit obviously never played hockey before in their lives. It happens. I guess you have to be a loser before you can be a winner. Long term, an early exit will be good for this team. Re-commited, Re-energized, Re-loaded. 2010-2011 Detroit Red Wings = Stanley Cup Champions.

You're right, it wasn't Detroit's lack of urgency in the third, it wasn't the pressure let up by the Wings, it wasn't Homer's penalty, it wasn't the poor passing, it wasn't Flip, Bert, and every other Red Wing coughing up the puck, it wasn't the fact we couldn't clear a puck on 5 on 5 and it wasn't the fact we had 6 legit penalties in total. It was all Howard's fault, you're right.

O.o

#1172 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

Even Crymson thinks it's over.

You know we're f***ed when that happens. :ph34r:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1173 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

Help us Ozzie Wan Kenobi.

You're our only hope.

Fixed for those living under a rock since 1977.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#1174 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

They won't even get a nice pick... they will get like a 22-23rd pick in the 1st round

We can take solace in Ndamukong Suh and Jahvid Best leading us to the promised land

#1175 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Are you insane?

Williams has to back up Ericsson's poor positioning while Williams has the puck? And he has to go all the way back and defend a rush the other way because Ericsson didn't remember what position he was playing?

What are you smoking, man?

Ehh... no?

Ericsson gave the puck to Williams and went to the net. The other two forwards were already deep and Williams was at the point. Rafalski was on the other side. Williams had some choices (pass to Rafalski, shoot it, pass to the slot, get it deep...) and he decided to shoot it. The shot went wide but that wasn't the big problem. The problem was that after that it was a counter-attack for the Sharks. Williams is playing the D basically as he should when d-men pinch sometimes (it's part of the puck control system of Babcock). Williams didn't cover his man and it was a 2on1.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#1176 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

well sharks won three in a row. why cant we win three in a row.
Posted Image

#1177 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Maybe the Wings will play their asses off in game 4? Maybe the backs to the wall is what they need. Like in Phoenix Game 7.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#1178 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts

You can't get on Howard for the OT goal. It's a s***show when they get a break like that. Maybe you get lucky, maybe you don't.

However, that soft goal at the end of the 1st and the soft goal in the 3rd are unacceptable. I feel infinitely more justified in suggesting that Babcock screwed up with the goaltending. It's just stupid to put so much on a rookie when you've got a guy like Osgood there. He never was given a fair shot, and that's a shame.

As I've said since November, it's stupid to put so much on Howard. It's not fair to him. He was set up to fail or be Patrick Roy, and the latter was unlikely to happen.

He hasn't been good enough in the playoffs and he lost this game for us. I don't blame him though. I blame Babcock. He's been making poor coaching decisions since November, and now we're suffering through the result of those poor decisions, and most unfortunately, so is Howard.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#1179 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

lol didn't the lions pick him already? put skates on him and put him in front of their net and defend :D

#1180 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

Fixed for those living under a rock since 1977.

today IS Star Wars day..... May the 4th be with you......