• Please log in to reply
1330 replies to this topic

#1201 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:02 PM

This seems rather premature. Making comments when angry often isn't a good idea.

No. I've been saying it a long time already. Many of you are just blinded by the Jimmy-hype. He's 26. He isn't fundamentally nowhere near the top goalies like Miller, Kiprusoff, Luongo, Rask etc.

He lets in softies and many times doesn't bounce back like an elite goalie should. I'll be happy if he'll be as good as Ozzie was at his prime. This season has just been a decent goalie playing better than he really is, though.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#1202 sharomyga

sharomyga

He delivers

• Silver Booster
  • 382 posts

well sharks won three in a row. why cant we win three in a row.

better 4 in a row ;)
"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey as a team leader. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."
П. Дацюк
"I don't have percentage, alcohol has percentage"
П. Дацюк
-----------
Posted Image
-----------
My website

#1203 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

They won't even get a nice pick... they will get like a 22-23rd pick in the 1st round

We can take solace in Ndamukong Suh and Jahvid Best leading us to the promised land

#1204 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

97.1 is going to be a s*** show tomorrow.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#1205 mru22

mru22

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

I'd rather they missed the playoffs. All they did this time was waste our time and put us through the emotional roller coaster that is playoff disappointment.

I swear there was a few moments there where I was convinced they were trying to lose. Lots of lackadaisical play, soft passes, and overall carelessness with the puck.

I'll still be rooting for em in game 4, but part of me just wants to get it over with and put us out of our misery.

When the Russians took an early bow in the Olympics I knew something wasn't right with the season :)

#1206 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

wtf, it's triple posting all my stuff

Edited by Yellowknife Redwing, 04 May 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#1207 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:04 PM

We can take solace in Ndamukong Suh and Jahvid Best leading us to the promised land

You hooked up on crack?

#1208 mru22

mru22

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

97.1 is going to be a s*** show tomorrow.

LOL!! I dont live in Michigan so I don't know that station but that's funny s***! :)

#1209 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

No. I've been saying it a long time already. Many of you are just blinded by the Jimmy-hype. He's 26. He isn't fundamentally nowhere near the top goalies like Miller, Kiprusoff, Luongo, Rask etc.

He lets in softies and many times doesn't bounce back like an elite goalie should. I'll be happy if he'll be as good as Ozzie was at his prime. This season has just been a decent goalie playing better than he really is, though.

Howard is a rookie. How many elite goaltenders were elite in their rookie season? It's not like Howard has been in the NHL for 3 years. Give him next season at least.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1210 UP Wings Fan

UP Wings Fan

UP Wings Fan

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

We had 1 PP and 1 PS. That said, all the non-calls where Sharks should have received a penalty ultimately would have made a huge difference!

The Sharks Powerplays in Series 22
The Wings Powerplays in Series 11
Seems odd that there is such a large disparity, I believe all the other series are pretty much even, 2 maybe. I am not a conspiracy believer, but I do believe that the refs are looking the other way to what San Jose is doing! I find it very frustrating as a hockey fan to watch these games and to watch supposed professional referees tip the ice in favor of one team!

#1211 mru22

mru22

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

You hooked up on crack?

Who's NukeLong and Jihvad :)

#1212 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

LOL!! I dont live in Michigan so I don't know that station but that's funny s***! :)

You can listen online at http://wxyt.cbslocal.com/. It's the biggest sports station in the Detroit market and one of the top stations in the market.

#1213 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:06 PM

Dude, we get it, you don't like Howard. You can quit posting on every single page now.

Blame it on Howard and not me.

If he didn't give up those softies, I wouldn't be posting about him.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1214 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

Yup. I dont see how anyone can fault Jimmy for that one. The 3rd goal is another story though...

But anyway Ericsson is a nightmare.

Ericsson had an awful game tonight. But he hasn't been the worst d-man on the team in these playoffs.

On an unrelated note-- Kronwall needs to step up offensively. He just hasn't been himself since returning and he was absolutely critical to our success in 08 and near success in 09.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#1215 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Blame it on Howard and not me.

If he didn't give up those softies, I wouldn't be posting about him.

If the team didn't sit back in the 3rd you would be celebrating right now. Howard did not play well and let in 2 softies, but the team did absolutely nothing in the 3rd to win the game. The blame goes all around.

#1216 JPT

JPT

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Howard is a rookie. How many elite goaltenders were elite in their rookie season? It's not like Howard has been in the NHL for 3 years. Give him next season at least.

I see your point but Howard is not a young guy making his way into the league. He's 26 and had a lot of chances to prove himself. He was good during the regular season but lets too many soft goals and he is unable to control his rebounds so much that I don't know if its something he can fix at this point. We can't pin these losses on him alone but I don't see him being an elite goaltender in the NHL.

#1217 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Can't the wings borrow Ndamukong Suh from the lions, just put skates on him and place him down near the net :thumbup:

#1218 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

You know what, I blame Kris Draper for everything.

He hasn't scored s*** in these playoffs.

Guy flat out cost us thef****** game! :!:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1219 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

Rask is playing prettyf****** solid for the bruins and he's a rookie....you know one thing the finns do well and that is producing good goaltenders

#1220 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

People act like Howard came out of nowhere.

This guy has been among the elite goalie prospects since '03.

The potential is there, this was a very successful first season. He's clearly not had the best playoffs, but the Wings just aren't a Stanley Cup caliber team and that can make it look like it's Howard costing us more then he probably is.

It's not like he is putting on his Cloutier mask and letting in 60 footers. He's made some huge saves, and has kept the Wings in close games. He may not have out dueled Nabokov, but for a first playoff experience it could have been far far worse.

It's not time to give up on him, he's going to get better. Now I wouldn't give him a whole lot of string to work with, but he's earned a good chance to be the goaltender for this team. He was far and out our regular season MVP and we should all look forward and cheer for him, because the sky is the limit.