604 replies to this topic

#601 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:38 PM

From Bob McKenzie:

"- The Wings took Riley Sheahan at 21. There's a big question on whether Sheahan stays at Notre Dame or goes to the OHL. Detroit is a patient team and that may work in Notre Dame's favour. That said, the Wings like skilled, attacking hockey and the school doesn't play that style. Sheahan's OHL rights belong to Erie, so maybe a trade is in order? We'll see."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325965
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#602 F2B&G

F2B&G

Rookie

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

Sheahan is only 18 and will be a sophomore. I see no harm in letting him play and develop another year or two at ND, where he should be expected to take a step up and play a bigger offensive role with the Irish having graduated some important seniors. At the end of the day though, he'll do whatever the front office tells him to do.

#603 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:50 AM

I think Nyquist and Sheahan should play in NCAA for 2 more years, Smith to me did it right, play your Junior season and then go to the AHL, three very good years in the NCAA will help him in the future a lot.

Then hopefully a year or two in GR and they will be ready for the NHL.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#604 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:32 AM

I think Nyquist and Sheahan should play in NCAA for 2 more years, Smith to me did it right, play your Junior season and then go to the AHL, three very good years in the NCAA will help him in the future a lot.

Then hopefully a year or two in GR and they will be ready for the NHL.

Nyquist has already spent two years in the NCAA. I'd say one more then straight to Detroit, he's that skilled that I think he could skip the AHL.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#605 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

Thought Nyquist was a Frosh, my bad!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock