• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Kovalchuk may be staying in NJ

Rate this topic

It has nothing to do with Broduer declining. It's because they play him so much that he's worn out for the playoffs. Look how much better his playoff stats were 2 seasons ago when we only played 33 games versus when he plays 75+.

Yet, he still lost in the first round that year. He had comparable stats in the '07 playoffs (slightly worse GAA and SV%) and he played 78 regular season games that year, but at least he made it to the second round. Regular season burnout or not, I still think it's indisputable - Marty's in serious decline and he's not going to backstop a team to the Cup in the final years of his career.

That said - as a previous poster mentioned - it DOES make sense for NJ to try and nab a scorer like Kovy when they know that they won't be able to rely on goaltending to get it done for the foreseeable future. But on Kovy's side of things, if he wants a Cup? NJ isn't the place to win it any time soon.

So if he kept up that pace, he would score 82 points. That would have put him tied with Dany Heatley and Zach Parise for the 2010 season. Not worth 10 mill a year.

I watched him VERY carefully last year. 5-6 games without a point then he would get 3. He was much more consistent in Atlanta.

Only hes not getting paid 10 mill a year. I would expect him to be a little inconsistent for the first 27 games after being traded at the deadline to a new team with a completely different system.

i guess that means he does not want a cup... oh well

I think he would of had a better shot even in LA to win one then he does in NJ

Edited by Duck Guy

Guest Four

LA would have to throw a hell of a deal at him, considering the rumors that he doesn't want to play in the Western Conference.

Considering it was him and his agents who went to LA staff the second time around, I'm going to say it's very possible.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I can see him in LA with Kopitar. Would be awesome imo

Especially since it would make snatching Doughty a real possiblity.

I don't know....after reading those offers the Kings threw at him...I would think he would have bit on one of those. His bad. He could be in LA, living it up, freewheeling offense...or NEW JERSEY. Plodding trappy defensive team. Hmm...