• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#161 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

Even though they lost it was a fun game to watch. I thought that the kids played with a lot of heart.

I know that the game means nothing, but there is a small part of me that really does not like losing to the Hawks.

#162 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:29 PM

What is Babcock doing to this group? Setting them up to lose? Is this like the group in which he wants to test their mental toughness or something?

#163 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

What is Babcock doing to this group? Setting them up to lose? Is this like the group in which he wants to test their mental toughness or something?

Putting your AHL'ers in during the pre-season against a Hawks team dressing their stars isn't exactly going to equal a win. Nothing to see here, it's the pre-season.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#164 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

Filppula :thumbup:
Osgood :thumbup:
Mursak :thumbup:
Kindl :thumbup:
Smith :thumbup:

Overall defense <_<

Big Rig :ranting: :thumbdown:
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#165 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

This is good to hear. DOesn't Chicago have most of their guns in the lineup? I watched for all of 5 seconds and saw both Kane and Hossa.

Yessirree, they do/did have most of their guns in and our kids didn't bother to take a whole lotta crap from them and managed to give some back to them too. Fun game. Really!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#166 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

My guess is that he wants to see how they perform under pressure, not only for tonight's contest, but to see who should be on the 4th line this season and to see what is coming in the future.

It also doesn't hurt for the GR coach to see them play in this situation and can work in player development.

He probably didn't expect them to win, but maybe he promised to bring cookies if they did.

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#167 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

Final score updated in OP

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#168 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

Ozzie not getting a star is laughable.

Highway Robbery.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#169 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

I thought it was great...and actually a game like that will build confidence for the prospects. They hung with the Hawks big boys for the entire game. Guys like Owens, Mursak, Emmerton should feel very good about the way they performed. Good job mini wings!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!

#170 ChicagoMan

ChicagoMan

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

I like how all the Wings fans are saying OH ITS OUR MINOR LEAGUE TEAM....Well the Hawks iced Rockford essentially yesterday...were you saying OH WE DOMINATED THE CHAMPS!!!! Its just preseason haha

#171 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:40 PM

Ozzie not getting a star is laughable.

Highway Robbery.

He played well but he let in four goals and the first against him was stoppable.

Not a big deal considering it is the pre-season. I'm just happy to see an Osgood that plays really solid like tonight.

I like how all the Wings fans are saying OH ITS OUR MINOR LEAGUE TEAM....Well the Hawks iced Rockford essentially yesterday...were you saying OH WE DOMINATED THE CHAMPS!!!! Its just preseason haha

I don't think anyone was saying that. Get your head out of your ass.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 25 September 2010 - 09:41 PM.

Posted Image

#172 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:40 PM

I gotta say, Hawks cannot feel good with that win, they iced a starting line-up while Detroit iced what... 3? Blackhawks had to win this game on the Power Play, Detroit could still have come out with the 'W' had they finished on their opportunities and played more disciplined. The story of this game was basically Hawks Power Play.... and I am extremely impressed how Wings generated lots of quality scoring chanced on the PK.

Without question, our kids have looked much better tonight against Hawks starting lineup, then Hawks kids did last night against our one and a half regular line-up and kids.... But I think that's going to be the story of the Hawks this year since they had to firesale most of their depth and replaced with scrubs.

This was a fun game to watch, on paper it should have been a blow out 7-0 Blackhawks, but our kids were just too much for them to handle. Wings definitely have a deep pool of talent!

Edited by Heaten, 25 September 2010 - 09:43 PM.

#173 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:43 PM

I gotta say, Hawks really feel good with that win, they iced a starting line-up while Detroit iced what... 3 regulars and Howard for 30 minutes? Blackhawks had to win this game on the Power Play, Detroit could still have come out with the 'W' had they finished on their opportunities and played more disciplined. The story of this game was basically Hawks Power Play.... and I am extremely impressed how Wings generated lots of quality scoring chanced on the PK.

Without question, our kids have looked much better tonight against Hawks starting lineup, then Hawks kids did last night against our one and a half regular line-up and kids.... But I think that's going to be the story of the Hawks this year since they had to firesale most of their depth and replaced with scrubs.

This was a fun game to watch, on paper it should have been a blow out 7-0 Blackhawks, but our kids were just too much for them to handle. Wings definitely have a deep pool of talent!

Well stated!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!

#174 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:43 PM

Hey, welcome! And congrats on your fist win in preseason. Hope your regular season goes a little better. See you soon, huh!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#175 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

Nobody here said that.

Although I'm sure that Chicago fans are rejoicing a win over the Red Wings right now like it actually means something.

#176 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

I know you already been called out for the comment above. But can you cite your source? Bet you can't. ;)

#177 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

I know you already been called out for the comment above. But can you cite your source? Bet you can't. ;)

"B-b-butt DETROITT STILL SUCKZ HAHAH!!!"

#178 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:53 PM

"B-b-butt DETROITT STILL SUCKZ HAHAH!!!"

Yeah, I got the memo watching the game. Seems Hawks fans are more consumed with hate against the Red Wings then are joyful for finally icing a decent team and winning the cup.

But heh, I guess that's what happens to 'fans' (and I use that word loosely) for sucking for 60 years and getting owned by the Red Wings every step of the way.

#179 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

Yeah, I got the memo watching the game. Seems Hawks fans are more consumed with hate against the Red Wings then are joyful for finally icing a decent team and winning the cup.

But heh, I guess that's what happens to 'fans' (and I use that word loosely) for sucking for 60 years and getting owned by the Red Wings every step of the way.

I was at the game. Yes, the fans were embarrassing. Obviously none of them knew that the Wings were dressing their minor league players, because they don't even know who the Wings starters are. Funny when the guys behind me were talking about how they can't wait til Versteeg gets on the ice. Oh and when they said: "Is Huet in goal?" They pronounced Huet "Hwett".

IMO, considering the disparity in roster talent, the Hawks did not play well at all. That was essentially their starting lineup, and for most of the game had little to no chemistry. The goals Turco let in were amazingly soft. Ozzie played well, so did some of the other youngsters. Stuart and Big Rig played pretty awful.

Overall, I'm pleased with the way the wings played, I was ready for MUCH much worse.
Posted Image

#180 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

So, I didn't watch tonight, but reading the last page of comments,it sounds like Ozzie had a solid game, despite the loss? Good to hear, bodes well for him.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!