• Please log in to reply
631 replies to this topic

#621 Branton87

Branton87

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

Yesterday was my 23rd birthday and I went to this game. That was the best Wings game I've ever been to. :thumbup:

#622 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

Howie just needs a rest and he'll be back to the Vezina level goalie we know he can be. All goalies go through stretches of crapitude.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#623 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

stating the stats for 2 games is kinda ridiculous... goalies go through s***ty stretches sometimes

howie was also left out to dry by s***ty defense for 2 of those goals

just shut up mindfly, seriously.... the whole team's not gonna be robots that play their perfect game everyf****** time and the fact that you're expecting it makes you look like a god damned moron.

just shut the f*** up and start whining when we're (at LEAST) not first in the conference (and 2 points out of 1st in the league with 3 less games played)

JUST SHUT UP MINDFLY f***

#624 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

i'd like to see howard rest up for a game

but our backup right now is joey macdonald

I'm not so sure Osgood is a better backup atm, he's coming off a groin injury and he's always a slow starter after injury/slumping/not playing in a long time, i think it's a bigger gamble to start osgood when he gets back, which is very soon, than to start MacDonald

Edited by mindfly, 22 November 2010 - 02:26 PM.

#625 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

I'm not so sure Osgood is a better backup atm, he's coming off a groin injury and he's always a slow starter after injury/slumping/not playing in a long time, i think it's a bigger gamble to start osgood when he gets back, which is very soon, than to start MacDonald

I'd rather sacrifice one game with Helen Keller in net if it meant that Jimmy would play lights out the next ten games. just throw anyone in net for the next game, he needs the rest regardless of who are back up is.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#626 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:36 PM

Yeah i'm with you in this, go with Joey for a game here, he's been a nice backup just sitting there not getting any action, he might get a shutout because he's definitely got something to prove, unlike some other goalies...

#627 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

Yeah i'm with you in this, go with Joey for a game here, he's been a nice backup just sitting there not getting any action, he might get a shutout because he's definitely got something to prove, unlike some other goalies...

I hear Joey Mac is pretty good at charting faceoffs though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#628 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

Well, Macdonald has nothing to prove. He's never going to be a Detroit full-time goalie. If Osgood retires, and McCollum isn't ready yet (he isn't), we'll be bringing in some experienced back up goalie.

But, I actually agree that with the teams we're playing next, we should be able to give Howie a rest. At least against Columbus. I think Atlanta is a lot better than most people are giving them credit for.

But even if Howie does play the next game, it's not that HE is playing bad specifically. The whole team has played like s*** until the last 10 or 5 minutes of the last two games. Howie is great, but he's not the goalie god. He still needs his defense to bail him out sometimes.

#629 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

Well, Macdonald has nothing to prove. He's never going to be a Detroit full-time goalie. If Osgood retires, and McCollum isn't ready yet (he isn't), we'll be bringing in some experienced back up goalie.

But, I actually agree that with the teams we're playing next, we should be able to give Howie a rest. At least against Columbus. I think Atlanta is a lot better than most people are giving them credit for.

But even if Howie does play the next game, it's not that HE is playing bad specifically. The whole team has played like s*** until the last 10 or 5 minutes of the last two games. Howie is great, but he's not the goalie god. He still needs his defense to bail him out sometimes.

Columbus? they're about the hottest team in the league, swept the westcoast roadtrip, shutout the sharks, gave L.A their first loss at home etc, do not underestimate columbus

#630 F2B&G

F2B&G

Rookie

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

TRADE HIM!

Someone needs to start a "Is Howard slowing down?" thread.

:rolleyes:

Howard's getting too old for this game, just like the rest of the Red Wings. :lol:

#631 RedWings Gone Wild

RedWings Gone Wild

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

Could of sworn they won the cup in 1988-89 and Vernon was the tender

He did say the "last 20 years"... and that was over 20 years ago.... Minus Kipper's herculean effort in 04, they've sucked during the Iginla era.

#632 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

That was "Most Memorable Game of the Season #2"