• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

Haha, he is great. My dad is a Sabres fan so I always get to hear his voice when I'm home watching games. Very distinctive, but a classic I think.
Posted Image

#22 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Speaking of our own announcers, it's funny to see how pissed off other team's fans get when they have to watch Datsyuk. Not only do they have to witness something awesome that doesn't happen in their favor but Ken Daniels love for the phrase, "Datsyukian Deke" really grates on them.

It bothers me too, it's overused.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 27 February 2011 - 07:26 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#23 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

True. But it's really, really funny when it annoys other team's fans even more.

#24 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

Daniels...WHATWITH, his countrymen, Datsyukian deke, Hall of Famer Larry Murphy, snipe!
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#25 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

That's a lot of Jeanneret in a short period.

#26 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

He was doing the radio commentary of Det-Buffalo a couple of years ago and accidentally referred to Detroit as "The Rings" :)
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#27 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

I have to agree with the OP, I absolutely hate when i hear him when they score.

#28 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:18 AM

I was watching the highlights of the game the other night on NHL Network, and the minute Jenrette's voice came on, my dog Loki started growling at the tv.

Good dog!
Posted Image

#29 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:36 AM

Rick is a beauty, guy really loves his job
IPB Image

#30 One4TheWings

One4TheWings

"dc"

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

I found the video annoying but I like his enthusiasm. I'd take him over Larry Murphy. And I like Ken Daniel's "Datsyukian Deke" phrase, but Mickey hold the trophy for best color commentator.
4G1V3N

#31 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

Not a big Jeanneret fan but honestly, I'm not a big Ken Daniels fan. If I could get my radio feed and tv to sync up, I would watch the game on mute and listen to Ken Cal and Paul Woods 100 times out of 100.

#32 Feldmarschall

Feldmarschall

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:58 PM

If I could get my radio feed and tv to sync up, I would watch the game on mute and listen to Ken Cal and Paul Woods 100 times out of 100.

How the uh hell can uh you uh listen to Paul uh Woods talk? He uh says uh so much he's uh really hard to uh deal with for uh me.

#33 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Why are you watching the other team's feed, that's just silly ;)

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#34 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

I agree that the Sabres guy thinks that he's calling a Brazilian soccer game with the "Gooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal! schtick. My only complaint about Ken Cal is that when the Wings score he sounds like he's going through puberty, but at least it only lasts a second.
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#35 rbochan

rbochan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:27 AM

He was doing the radio commentary of Det-Buffalo a couple of years ago and accidentally referred to Detroit as "The Rings" :)

That was the bourbon talking.

...Rob
The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
it's Don't Tread On Me.

#36 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:30 AM

How the uh hell can uh you uh listen to Paul uh Woods talk? He uh says uh so much he's uh really hard to uh deal with for uh me.

I thought I was the only one that was driven crazy by that. The first time I heard a Wings radio broadcast (I am in Texas, and got XM Radio) it was making me nuts. "Paveluh Datsyuk goesuh into theuh corner" Geeze.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#37 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

Paul Woods played on some very bad Red Wings teams in the early 80s. Maybe all the losing affected his brain. He is uh annoying at times but not as annoying as uh Ken Kal's I JUST HAD ANOTHER ORGASM Red Wings goal calls. I like them both actually. Maybe it's because I met them both in person about 12 years ago. They are both class acts and very down to earth.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#38 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

Not a big Jeanneret fan but honestly, I'm not a big Ken Daniels fan. If I could get my radio feed and tv to sync up, I would watch the game on mute and listen to Ken Cal and Paul Woods 100 times out of 100.

Paul Woods IS TERRIBLE. Ken Cal is great, but my God Paul Woods is just a mumbling, stammering, walking nightmare.

You know who else is terrible? The Saginaw Spirit radio guys. I can't listen to their broadcasts, at all, which makes me miss a lot of Spirit games.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#39 casey holmstrom

casey holmstrom

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

Ya either love him or ya hate him.

I'd prefer a little over the top than completely bland.
Posted Image