• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#241 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

They did well to pull out that win, but they need to play some frikking d in front of Howard.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#242 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

Alright good win got the 2 points...time to head to the local watering hole and relax! Have a good night folks!
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#243 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

The Bert Cleary Zetterberg line is soft?

yes, yes it is. when was the last time any of them were really physical or dropped the mitts?

#244 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:34 PM

Glad to see a win. Even though their performance was schizophrenic at times, we still got the two points without rising blood pressure in OT.

Fun fact....Calgary up 2-1 towards the end of the 1st.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#245 Draperfan

Draperfan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:36 PM

and here come the vultures... it was nice and quiet when we were winning

YYYYep
user posted image

#246 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:37 PM

yes, yes it is. when was the last time any of them were really physical or dropped the mitts?

I guess it comes down to how you define soft. Cleary is out there hitting guys and not afraid to stick his nose anywhere. Bert couuld be more physical, given his size. Zetterberg's not afraid to go to the high traffic areas either.

Honestly none of those guys should be dropping the mitts unless it's absolutely called for.

#247 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

Anyone else in favor of a Lilja-Ericsson trade?
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#248 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

I for one thought they played a lot better. Nice win. Now lets catch up to vancouver.

#249 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

Anyone else in favor of a Lilja-Ericsson trade?

Would have been after that horrid giveaway in OT last night.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#250 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

Great overall road game by the Wings; there were a lot of goods that I noticed, and some bads.

- Pavel Datsyuk is the man... IMO he is the best hockey player in the world (yes better then Crosby because Pavs has better dekes, tries more, and is a hell of a better back- checker)and the guy shows up night in and night out... gotta love that about Pavs
- Great game by Kronners!! Its no coincidence that I have thought Kronners has really stood out last night and tonight and it is because Babs finally put him and Stu together. I love this pairing and I feel very comfortable when they are on the ice as a unit to defend; another great game by both and they better stay together
- another solid game by the Captain; no shock there
- Franzen was a bit better tonight, but he needs to learn how to handle some passes better
- Solid game by Howard which was nice to see 2 nights in a row

Now the bad:
- Zetterberg was TERRIBLE. Not just this game either, but he has been "off" the past couple weeks. To make it worse, Babs makes that line which was HORRIBLE I have always, and still do, hate that line. Hank looked tired all night, Cleary looked lazy and Bert seemed a little too slow.
- the Filpulla/ Modano/ Hudler line was way too quiet for my liking all night
- what does this tell us? Babs has some line changes to make. I read he wants to have home lines and road lines, which I like the idea of so I think the road lines should be:

Hudler- Datsyuk- Homer
Filpulla- Zetterberg- Franzen
Cleary- Modano- Bertuzzi
Miller- Draper- Helm/Eaves/Abdelkator

Hudler plays so well with Pavs and seems to not be productive enough without him so why not keep him with Pavs. I think this is the best lines if babs doesnt wanna play Pavs and Hank together on the road. Overall, great weekend by the Wings, led by the Datsyukian Great and the Captain. I am going to the game Wednesday on my bday, so hopefully the magician and his Wings can keep the magic going

#251 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

Winning goal?

13:13 by #13

Good 'ol lucky 13!

:)

#252 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

someone youtube that Datsyuk goal... damn.

#253 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:07 PM

I missed the two previous games but in tonight's game Mo looked invisible. The same half-assed games I remember from the beginning of the season. So hopefully it was just tonight that it was even more apparent.

Again since I missed the two previous games I thought the Cleary-Z-Bert line moved in the right direction. Moving Mule off that line seemed to give it a bit of a spark with Cleary on it.

I just love the 4th line.... it will be hard to sit anyone on the 4th line once Eaves gets better. Maybe Mo gets put back into the scratch rotation.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 13 March 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#254 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

I missed the two previous games but in tonight's game Mo looked invisible. The same half-assed games I remember from the beginning from the season. So hopefully it was just tonight that it was even more apparent.

Again since I missed the two previous games I thought the Cleary-Z-Bert line moved in the right direction. Moving Mule off that line seemed to give it a bit of a spark with Cleary on it.

I just love the 4th line.... it will be hard to sit anyone on the 4th line once Eaves gets better. Maybe Mo gets put back into the scratch rotation.

Madonna hasn't done anything right since his first shift of the season, where he scored a goal.

The injury hurt his chances at developing chemistry with the team, but the whole signing has just been an utter failure.

I still feel that money would have been served better elsewhere, even if it meant just freeing up cap space and not spending it on anyone.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 12 March 2011 - 11:12 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#255 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

Ville Leino with a friggin hat trick tonight in Philly. ugh.

I'm a Flip fan, but where has he been? I feel like I haven't seen that guy since January.

Madonna hasn't done anything right since his first shift of the season, where he scored a goal.

The injury hurt his chances at developing chemistry with the team, but the whole signing has just been an utter failure.

I still feel that money would have been served better elsewhere, even if it meant just freeing up cap space.

Absolutely agree. Unless he suddenly turns it on in the postseason, signing him has been a waste of time and money.

#256 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

Why is Ericsson near the point?

Mickey seemed to think it was because nobody else was out there to take the man. They both suggested Zetterberg needed to clear that puck. So for once, it might not have been Ericsson's fault.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#257 LadyInRed

LadyInRed

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:27 PM

Ohh my Goodness.. I just saw Datsyuk's goal. How does he slide by each of those players and manage to score? Inhumane or magician are the two perfect words to describe him and that play is an example of his finest! You seriously cannot go wrong buying a #13 jersey.

#258 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:29 PM

Mickey seemed to think it was because nobody else was out there to take the man. They both suggested Zetterberg needed to clear that puck. So for once, it might not have been Ericsson's fault.

i know im gunna get blown up for this, but Zetterberg has been declining since 08. He hast made me say wow once this year, his hands are sub par, just totally un impressed by him. dont get me started on Franzen even though he was ok tonight.

#259 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

i know im gunna get blown up for this, but Zetterberg has been declining since 08. He hast made me say wow once this year, his hands are sub par, just totally un impressed by him. dont get me started on Franzen even though he was ok tonight.

And when you know what both of them are capable of, it's scary, frustrating and sad. :(

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#260 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

Ah man, what a night. I do believe...

Pasha, I worship the ice you skate on. :wub:
Posted Image