• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:33 PM

Not that it counts for anything, but Pavel had a much better first round than Kesler in pretty much any imaginable category (although for defense "any imaginable category" is perilously close to "sweet f***all").
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#22 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

Isn't it funny that Kesler is an anagram for Selker? ...anyways, he can take it this year. It'll be Pav's next year again. Maybe Pav can still take home some trophies this summer. If you know what I mean.

#23 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:56 PM

Kelsey can have the Selke.

Dats can have the Conn Smythe.

#24 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

Kelsey can have the Selke.

Dats can have the Conn Smythe.

:clap::clap::clap:
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#25 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

Honestly, just gotta give it up for Kesler. He had a monster year offensively and defensively. Like Mabuhay said, Datsyuk can take the Conn Smythe ;)

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

Pierre LeBrun said these guys are next in line for the Selke:

My list of contenders consisted of Patrice Bergeron, Vernon Fiddler, Darren Helm, Frans Nielsen and Kesler.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#27 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

I would not be at all surprised to see Helm win a Selke at some point in his career, particularly if the voters decide to focus more on the pure defensive forward criteria some year.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband