• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

let me cover you by pointing out that you're joking, before this gets out of hand...

You don't think we'll get them????? Why not! :ph34r:

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#22 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:17 AM

That's great news to me. I'm glad Salei is going as far as MacDonald I think we could find a decent free agent goalie if we don't keep Ozzie either. I'd rater go after a UFA Goalie than bring back Ozzie with all the troubles he's had latley.

That's great news to me. I'm glad Salei is going as far as MacDonald I think we could find a decent free agent goalie if we don't keep Ozzie either. I'd rater go after a UFA Goalie than bring back Ozzie with all the troubles he's had latley.

#23 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:18 AM

So what happens when Joey Mac can't find what he's looking for out on the market? I for one would still welcome him back on a 2-way deal to split time between GR & the big club. Wasn't that how he ended up back in the Wings organization to begin with?

Edited by ogreslayer, 23 June 2011 - 09:54 AM.

#24 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

I would have preferred to keep Joey Mac in GR.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#25 hockeychik25

hockeychik25

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:34 PM

we need a backup goalie for jimmy, always did. a reliable one. I like salei and would like him to return
Piet Van Zant and Kevin Rand better watch out, one day I will be athletic trainer for the wings or tigers! :)

#26 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

Fine by me.

While I like Joey. He didn't earn anything more than the role of third stringer. He's fine in that role, but he's not Howard's back up.

Salei. Well, the decision is now his... and ours. If he's got no offers come August and we still need a defenseman... he's serviceable... and we can offer him less.

This.

Salei was serviceable, but it'd be better for the Wings to go younger, and get someone more physical like they hoped Salei would be.