• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#361 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

Good win. Howard was great, Smith needs to stay and Hudler suckz still.

#NOMOREKINDL

#362 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

This team has the potential to win it all when everyone does his part.

#363 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

AS I said before the 3rd, great game by the Wings... Pavs showed up with a purpose and really helped lead the team tonight... he was clearly on fire and it seemed that every one else followed suit. I am so impressed with Smith after these 2 games, he looks wayyyyyy better than Ericson out there... imo I would rather have Smith in this line-up then Ericson... he moves the puck better, reads the plays better, has better ability to shoot on net. Very impressed.

#364 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

AS I said before the 3rd, great game by the Wings... Pavs showed up with a purpose and really helped lead the team tonight... he was clearly on fire and it seemed that every one else followed suit. I am so impressed with Smith after these 2 games, he looks wayyyyyy better than Ericson out there... imo I would rather have Smith in this line-up then Ericson... he moves the puck better, reads the plays better, has better ability to shoot on net. Very impressed.

Ericsson and Smith bring different things to the table. Ericsson is more of a stay at home guy with some size (which he's using a little better) and on the PK, while Smith is more of an offensive Dman with PP capabilities.

If anything he makes Kindl the odd man out and could definitely keep Commie sitting.

Edited to try and make more sense.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 19 November 2011 - 07:13 PM.

#365 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

I like when we win. We should do that more often. It also helps when Pavel's putting the puck in the net.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#366 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Just got back from the game, could tell the Kings were tired on the back end of playing 3 in 4 nights, still...Datsyuk looked much better and the D played very well. Howard was big when he needed to be.

Zetterberg still looks invisible though :(

Good win nonetheless, hope we can pull it off again tomorrow.

#367 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

BTW...the running joke at the game was that every time Bertuzzi touches the puck it would result in a turnover, he didn't let us down. Bert is really bad out there. Hope he can bounce back.

#368 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

I missed the game but great to see Pavs get 2 Goals! IF we continue to play the way we did tonight we will catch up with Chicago in no time.

#369 czappia19

czappia19

czappia19

• 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

I missed the game but great to see Pavs get 2 Goals! IF we continue to play the way we did tonight we will catch up with Chicago in no time.

Missed some oportunities, Don't think we played that well, wish i could figure #40 out, there is no drive in his lower body and when was last time you saw him beat anyone 1 on 1 ??

Win is a win though, contemplating going to Anaheim tomorrow to watch.....

#370 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

Ericsson and Smith bring different things to the table. Ericsson is more of a stay at home guy with some size (which he's using a little better) and on the PK, while Smith is more of an offensive Dman with PP capabilities.

If anything he makes Kindl the odd man out and could definitely keep Commie sitting.

Edited to try and make more sense.

Kindl > Ericsson.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#371 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

Kindl > Ericsson.

Ericsson 26 SHF 20:31 TOI 2:57 SH TOI
Smith 20 SHF 13:22 TOI 1:14 PP TOI
Kindl 15 SHF 10:48 TOI 0:00 SH 0:00 PP

I guess Babcock is an idiot.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 19 November 2011 - 09:03 PM.

#372 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

Ericsson 26 SHF 20:31 TOI 2:57 SH TOI
Smith 20 SHF 13:22 TOI 1:14 PP TOI
Kindl 15 SHF 10:48 TOI 0:00 SH 0:00 PP

I guess Babcock is an idiot.

His decision to give so much ice time to Ericsson is one of the few disagreements I have with Babcock's coaching style.

#373 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

His decision to give so much ice time to Ericsson is one of the few disagreements I have with Babcock's coaching style.

If you consider that Ericsson isn't as awful as most people make him out to be, his ice time pretty much makes sense.

Ericsson's contract is another issue altogether.

Back to the original point, it's not that I dislike Kindl. It honestly is that if Smith keeps playing well, it's more likely to take away from Kindl's ice time than Ericsson's. In his two games in the NHL, Babcock already gave Smith more ice time than Kindl.

Kindl is better on the PP and more offensive minded than Ericsson, but he's not as good in that area as Smith. At the same time he's not as good as a stay at home guy and on the PK as Ericsson, and he doesn't have as good of a first pass as either one of them. So he could end up in no man's land.

But all this is based on Smith playing as well as he has the past couple games, which seems unlikely for a rookie. He's bound to have his ups and downs, but he's looked great so far.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 19 November 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#374 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

Kindl > Ericsson.

LOL...Kindl makes me cringe...
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#375 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

Missed some oportunities, Don't think we played that well, wish i could figure #40 out, there is no drive in his lower body and when was last time you saw him beat anyone 1 on 1 ??

Win is a win though, contemplating going to Anaheim tomorrow to watch.....

Zetterberg is beyond awful this year. I don't see him beating 1 on 1 anyone in recent memory. But we can only go up from here. Maybe this game lit a fire under there asses.

#376 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

Smith is the reason I didn't want the wings to sign white and to ship out kindl in the off-season. kid is that good, nothing left to prove in AHL make some room for him keny.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#377 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

Smith is the reason I didn't want the wings to sign white and to ship out kindl in the off-season. kid is that good, nothing left to prove in AHL make some room for him keny.

I agree but now it becomes a problem when White returns. Both Ericsson and Kindl aren't very good. :/ Let's not even mention Commie. Somehow though Babs is playing Big E a lot as the minutes don't lie. Having said that Kindl will be the odd man out if we keep Smith up which unfortunately I doubt we do.

#378 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

I agree but now it becomes a problem when White returns. Both Ericsson and Kindl aren't very good. :/ Let's not even mention Commie. Somehow though Babs is playing Big E a lot as the minutes don't lie. Having said that Kindl will be the odd man out if we keep Smith up which unfortunately I doubt we do.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Wings try to trade or put Commie or Ericsson on waivers Then again no GM in their right mind would take either of them.

#379 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if the Wings try to trade or put Commie or Ericsson on waivers Then again no GM in their right mind would take either of them.

I doubt any team is interested in Commie. Maybe Ericsson cause of his size. I think he would attract SOME interest but I don't really think we could get much in return.

#380 MDtizzle

MDtizzle

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

I'd be beyond shocked about ericcson. No way unfortunately after that contract. Unfortunately he's an "investment" and supposed to improve over the next eternity, because he hasn't had ample time yet.. What a joke. I WISH they would try putting him on waivers.

Commie at a million bucks isn't so bad honestly.. Someone might grab that...? Or perhaps we could play him?

If ericsson can play, why not let smith develop in the NHL? He can't do much worse